39. Jungkook

"This is your last day using my car freely. Use it wisely," I say, steering the most nutritious breakfast I could have. Cereal.

Sunhee, leaning against the counter, makes the most full-of-thought face. "Do you have any assholes here I could race and win with?"

Yeeun, who last night most likely got herself a crime job, now sews pearls onto her white sweater. "There is a ton of assholes around."

"I could find at least one that isn't a fan of any of us," I add.

"Then let's have a race," Sunhee says.

Yeeun looks up at me. "Do you know what I'm curious about? Now that you're friends with Taehyung, don't you want another rival? An actual rival?"

"That would be so cool." Sunhee gasps. "Like in movies."

"It would be cool," I say. "But I don't think it's possible."

"Right. You and Taehyung were a special case," Yeeun says. "One of a kind."

"But a rival in racing still would be fun," I say. "Maybe I'll get myself one."

"Taehyung will be jealous."

"He's already had one."

"Hyoshin wasn't fun. He was an enemy, not a rival. He doesn't count."

"That asshole." I scoff. "What's happening with him now?"

"Yoongi's keeping him somewhere," she says. "I didn't care enough to ask what they are doing to him."

"And Park Jimin? What the hell is up with him?"

"I think Yoongi trusts him. They are... fixing their friendship, or something like this. Yoongi's really hesitant to talk about it."

"Maybe he feels bad," I say. "You know, we went through shit with Jimin and now they are fixing their friendship. He might feel like he's going against us."

"I should talk to him about it."

"How are you talking about criminals who nearly destroyed your lives so casually?" Sunhee asks. "You're literally eating cereal, it doesn't get any more casual than that."

"The initial shock is gone," Yeeun says and then sighs dramatically. "Now they are only memories."

"And because Yoongi is always around," I say. "We're just used to it."

"You said you had gangster friends, too," Yeeun notices.

"Two or three," Sunhee says. "And they were kind to me."

"The worst criminals are the kindest to people they care about," Yeeun says. "Yoongi goes all soft with his girlfriend."

When I'm done with the cereal, I say, "I'm gonna look for someone to race tonight. Audience or no audience?"

"It doesn't have to be a big race," Sunhee says. "But then you can tell everyone I won."

"Oh, I will. And they're gonna hate your ass. First I was winning every race. Now you. They're never getting a rest. The last name is gonna haunt them forever."

The doorbell rings. And honestly, at this point, it could be anyone. And it is obviously someone I have never seen in my life. Right. We've established that people I do know don't ring the bell anymore.

It's a wild guess, but it might be one of the girls Yeeun has met with a few times. She looks young, at least. And I'm curious if the pink high heels are Yeeun's influence or if they bond over those. A pink skirt and an orange sweater looks like something Yeeun would wear, too. The girl also has long, neon green nails, bleached golden afro and rings reaching her shoulders.