40. Jungkook

A bit of familiarity in the midst of changes is perfect. I'm afraid I'd have lost my sanity if everything fell apart and new things started coming in. But as I wake up with Yeeun, like I always do, like I'm used to, everything is so easy, and digestible, and doable.

It's my day off, so I don't even think of moving. I don't even move her hair out of my face. I get all comfortable and warm, and at least for a moment I think about nothing but Yeeun. I feel like it was so much easier when we were younger. I worried about nothing, and if I did worry, I'd think about Yeeun anyway, cause it made me feel better.

I guess I got more responsible as I grew up. And recently so much has been going on, those single days here and there don't feel like enough. The truth is nothing would mean just as much if she wasn't in my life, and I feel like I've forgotten this.

Opening my eyes, I move back a bit, arm wrapped around her, and smile to myself.

I manage to flutter my hand under her shirt, to warm my palm, when there's a noise outside. The sneaky-door-opening noise I know damn well, because I sneakily opened doors a million times in my life.

Popped out of the perfect bubble, I carefully climb out of bed, make sure I have both sweatpants and a shirt on, and leave our bedroom just as sneakily. Halfway between the front door and our bedroom, I come face to face with my sister and her, well, friend, I suppose.

They are giggling, until they see me, and now we're just staring at each other.

So... My sister is sneaking a girl into her room. Under my roof. Except that I'm not a strict parent, I'm her brother, and I believe she's had enough of hiding this part of herself. And she's eighteen.

Wait.

"You're eighteen." I point at Sunhee, speaking quietly. Then at Reiko, and raise my eyebrows.

She lifts her arms in defense. "I'm eighteen, too."

"We're not gonna do anything nasty." Sunhee rolls her eyes.

"Then why are you so sneaky?"

"Because you and Yeeun are sleeping. I thought you were, at least. I didn't wanna wake you up."

"Okay, fine. I believe you," I say and step out of the way. "Be nasty if you wish. But safely," I find myself adding for some unknown to me reason.

They look at each other and, giggling, run to Sunhee's room.

Has she ever had this with our parents? The freedom to just... be herself with whoever she liked? No, probably not. And I'd never be the one to take it away.

When I come back to our bedroom, Yeeun is sitting in the middle of the bed.

"Why are you running around since morning?" she mumbles, rubbing her eyes.

"Not me. We have a guest." I climb back to bed. "I mean, Sunhee does."

"What? Who?"

"Reiko."

"Oh? Really?"

"Really. Now come here," I say, dragging her back by the shirt. "I'm not working today. I want to spend as long as possible with you."

"We're together all the time." She smiles lazily, still half-asleep.

"Yes, but not only. We're together, doing other things. Or together with other people. I mean nothing else but you and me. That's what I need," I say.

"Until noon, I'm all yours. And whenever you need it. Just tell me. I'll drop everything for you." We lay side by side, facing each other, and I let my eyes close when she brings her palm to my cheek. "What's on your mind?"

Welcome to Your Last Race (Street Racers #3)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara