7. Intoxication

"Never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted." ~ Author Unknown

The Daughter

"Here we go!" Beth squealed excitedly, throwing the door open and screaming as she realised it was me knocking. 

"Melanie!" She threw her arms around me and I laughed. "You look amazing!" She gushed and I twirled out in the hallway

"Why thank you very much, ma'am," I grinned. "And so do you, uh, wow." She laughed and fanned me away before bringing me inside the hotel suite and closing the door.

"Aaron, your stunning daughter has arrived." My jaw dropped.

"You mean my dad is here?" I asked, astonished.

Rowdy laughter erupted from the main room and I gulped. Oh great.

Beth took my hand and dragged me down the hallway into the living area.

"Wowza, check you out!" Morgan wolf-whistled and I laughed.

"I can't even get mad, you look hot." Savannah nodded and I blushed even brighter.

"We thought we'd have a few drinks here before we leave." Beth explained, handing me a glass of champagne after I'd thanked Morgan and Savannah.

"Hold up a minute," I said, holding up a hand as she took a seat next to my dad. "Who's spent the last three months organising tonight?" I asked and the pair looked at each other guiltily. 

"Oh no, the Hotchner authoritarians going head-to-head. This shall be interesting." Dave said sarcastically to Joy next to him.

"No seriously," I smirked at Dave. "You're totally okay with them ruining our plans?" I asked and he smiled, shrugging his shoulders.

"Okay, fine," I sighed, settling onto the arm of the armchair Penelope was sat on. "Ruin our plans, we don't care." I tossed my hair and everyone laughed.

Truth was, my stomach was bubbling with nerves. I hadn't spoken with Spencer since a month after the Townsend case and even that was almost two months ago now. 

We'd all been preparing tonight for months, and finally, it was here. 

Beth and my dad's celebration of their single life before they got hitched in nine months time. Time was going by so quickly, it was hard to believe how fast. 

Dave and I had established that we'd both planned the parties in Vegas completely by accident. While Dave was taking the Bachelor Party to the top casino in the heart of the city, us girls were sticking to the outskirts where I had a private booth booked for a top club just five minutes from the spa hotel we were currently in. 

I'd booked one of the best suites in the entire hotel, complete with mini-bar, veranda, master-bedroom and two separate twin rooms. 

Just enough for Beth, Penelope, JJ, Emily, Joy, Savannah and I. Beth decided long ago that she wasn't close enough to any of her work-mates to invite them on a weekend-party-away.

"Okay, we really have to get a move on." I said after the second glass of champagne. We were having a laugh, which was great; something I'd really missed. But if we didn't leave ASAP; the limousine wouldn't take us to the restaurant in time.

"Okay, okay, let's go boss." Beth smirked, getting to her feet.

"Excellent, one second." I hurried from the room and pulled my cell-phone out of my purse. 

I called the limousine driver and made sure he was waiting downstairs before re-applying my lipstick in the mirror.

"Oh... Sorry." Spencer apologised and I turned to realise I was standing right in front of the bathroom doorway.