3️⃣1️⃣

Ⓕⓔⓑⓡⓤⓐⓡⓨ ①⑧ⓣⓗ ②⓪②⓪

Talia's POV

I know you wanted a promise,

I wasn't ready, can I be honest,
Never knew what I had until I lost it...

I tapped my fingers against the table while my head bobbed in place as my newly finished song blared through the headphones that sat on top of my head. "Do you think people will like the song, or would they just continue to hate me for releasing a song that could potentially have meaning to Zach and I's relationship?" I asked Brad after the recording was finished.

I intently watched as Brad pressed a couple knobs and buttons before diverting his attention in my direction with furrowed eyebrows. "Honestly, the release of 'Rubberband ' can go in two directions, Talia, but this song is one of the best you have ever written." He responded with a nod of his head, and I gave him a faint smile. "I didn't know you could write. Whenever the boys and I asked for your help, you always brushed us off. Why?"

I breathed out a nervous chuckle before gently tugging off the headset. "I didn't think I was cut out to write songs. I just started messing around with the piano at night and found myself writing what I thought were poems." I tell him, gesturing to the song book that sat in front of us.

"I guess music runs in the family," he jokingly said before a chuckle slipped past both our lips. "No, but in all seriousness. This song is amazing, and I am so proud of you, sis."

I pouted, seeing the proud small smile dancing on Brad's lips. "Thanks, big bro," I tell him while reaching over and squeezing his hand.

After our conversation, quietness lingered in the air before it was silenced by the sound of my phone ringing. I rummaged through my bag for a couple of seconds before I pulled out the ringing device. I furrowed my eyebrows at Zach's contact name flashing across the screen. "Who is it?" Brad questioned.

"Zach," I murmured before pressing the green icon on my screen.

"Talia?" Zach's voice rang through the phone speaker, but he sounded distressed.

"What's wrong?" I instantly asked, disregarding the normal greeting. I heard Zach exhale sharply.

"We have a problem," Zach began, his voice tensed. "Articles about us meeting up at Monique's the other day have been released. It's all over every possible social media platform."

My heart sank at Zach's words. The last thing we need right now is more unwanted attention, especially about our personal lives. "How bad is it?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

I heard Zach let out a shaky breath, and I could almost imagine him pinching his eyes shut while running his fingers through his hair. "Pretty bad," he grimly responded, and I could tell this would mean his team would have to come up with damage control, especially since we have a past. "There are already speculations and rumors... They're painting our meet-up as a "secret rendezvous."

I momentarily clenched my eyes shut. "Shit! Zach, this is all my fault." I managed to choke out through an almost inaudible murmur. "If I hadn't asked you to meet in such a public place—" I continued to nervously rant, but he cut me off mid-sentence.

"Babe, it wasn't your fault," Zach sternly responded, and I could faintly hear someone heatedly talking in his background before an 'oof' was heard. "I wanted to meet you as well. You might've walked out of my life, but the feelings I had for you never disappeared." He continued, and I nervously bit my bottom lip, but at the same time, I could feel blood rush to my cheeks.