2️⃣9️⃣

Ⓕⓔⓑⓡⓤⓐⓡⓨ ①⑥ⓣⓗ ②⓪②⓪

-Talia's Pov-

"Do you think this is a good idea?" I nervously asked my brother, gazing at the words sprawled across the page before averting them to where he stood behind his in-home recording booth. "Will he think I'm desperate?"

He shifted his gaze from meddling with the switches on the control panel to where I stood inside the recording booth, black headphones sitting on top of my head. "Why would Zach think that?" Brad asked, and I couldn't help but gnaw on my bottom lip.

"I don't know," I whispered, removing the headphones and placing them back around the mic before stepping out while running my fingers through my dark brown hair that cascaded down my back.

"Talia?" Brad sternly said, and I lifted my head to see a concerned look on his face. "What's really going on in that head of yours?" He asked, pushing himself off his place on the black leather desk chair and plopping down on the white couch at the back of his in-home studio. A sigh slipped past my lips as I plopped down beside him on the white couch.

"I can't help but feel guilty for not believing him." I whispered, twiddling my thumbs. What if he was telling the truth that night? What if that girl really did force herself on him? What if I walked out of one of the best relationships I've been in over some misunderstanding? " I rambled out. A couple of minutes passed before a sigh slipped past Brad's lips, and I turned my head in his direction.

"I don't want to say this, but," Brad started while running his fingers through his dark brown hair, "go talk to Zach." He continued, and I opened my mouth to protest, but he shook his head. "No Talia, you got scared and walked away."

"That's not true," I muttered, playing with the few rings that littered my fingers.

"No?" Brad said, with an eyebrow raised, and I nodded my head, "Then why'd you walk away?" he asked.

I chewed on my bottom lip, wincing at the metallic taste that entered my mouth. "I didn't have much of a choice." I muttered whilst dabbing at the blood that seeped out.

Brad furrowed his brows before sighing exasperatedly, "Everybody has a fucking choice, Talia," he said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I know you. You got frightened the moment you saw Zach's lips lock with that girl, and you immediately thought of Luke and how poorly he had treated you. You didn't want to go through the same heartache and misery for the second time. "

"Stop it." I fixated my gaze on the ground, repeatedly blinking away the tears that threatened to slip away. "Just stop." I croaked out before lifting my head. My index finger swiped away a tear that had managed to slip out, "I made a mistake, okay? I should've taken Zach's word instead of assuming that he had kissed the girl. "

A frown danced on my brother's lips, "Talia..." He started, before running his fingers through his hair, "I didn't mean to upset you."

I carelessly shrugged my shoulders before wiping away the couple of tears that had escaped. It doesn't matter. I hurt myself by walking away from one of the best decisions of my whole career, and I bet he wants nothing to do with me. " I continued.

"Stop overthinking and coming up with your own conclusions." Brad sternly spat out and I glanced up into my brother's brown orbs, "As your older brother, who wants nothing but for you to be happy. I demand that you go and talk to Zach after recording this song. Tell him everything you just told me and see where it goes from there. " He suggested it, and I played with my lower lip, grazing the area that I had accidently chewed off.

A sigh fell from my lips, but I nodded my head nonetheless, "Fine." I said, before hauling myself from the couch, "I'll go and talk to him after my meeting with Amelia." A smug grin made its way to my brother's face, and I playfully rolled my eyes the second he opened his mouth, but I prevented him from uttering a word. "Yes, you're one of the best and good-looking brothers I have,"