3️⃣0️⃣

-Zach's Pov-

"Zach?" A voice called out, and I absentmindedly hummed while having my gaze fixated on the wooden floorboards of Jack's bedroom floor. "I had no idea you could have more interesting conversations with the floor and not with your friends who can actually respond back to you," Jack said sarcastically, and I let out a low chuckle.

"Sorry, I was thinking," I responded with an apologetic expression on my face.

"You've been doing that a lot lately." Jonah pointed out and I furrowed my eyebrows at his vague statement. "You've been inside that head of yours. Out of curiosity, have you been thinking about her?" He asked, which resulted  the other boys to groan while I sat there with a guilty expression plastered on my face.

"I'm trying not to," I whispered before momentarily closing my eyes, "but it's merely impossible to forget her even for the slightest moment because in the end I feel guilty." 

I gazed at each of the boys' expressions, and they all had bewildered looks plastered on their faces except Jonah, who nodded as if he understood what I meant. "I understand what you mean, but you're just hurting yours-" He started to say but the sound of a phone buzzing interrupted him.

The five of us stared at each other in confusion. "Who's phone is that?" Jack asked, and we shrugged. I grabbed my phone, and I felt my breath hitch at the name displayed on my lock screen.

"Zach? Are you okay?" Jonah asked softly, and I gulped as I had my gaze fixated on the small screen device in front of me. Twelve letters I hoped to see someday, but I never imagined that it would be today.

"Uh huh," I choked out, still in shock at the text displayed. I hastily unlocked my phone and responded with 'Sure. Where?'.

"Are you sure, bro? You look as pale as a ghost," Corbyn said with concern laced in his tone. I bit my bottom lip, contemplating whether to tell the boys that Talia had texted or blurt out a lie.

I shook my head and locked my phone, "Talia texted," I murmured whilst running a hand through my hair, disheveling it.

"What does she want?" Jack asked, irritation laced in his tone. I opened my mouth to respond to his question, but he continued speaking. "I mean, she broke up with you three months ago over something that wasn't even your fault. Why is she even bothering to text you?"

I quizzically stared at Jack with my eyebrows furrowed, "What's wrong with you? Why are you annoyed that she attempted to text me?" I question him, puzzled by his behaviour towards a simple text from Talia.

He narrowed his eyes in my direction, making his brown orbs pop, "Are you kidding me?! We literally watched you fall apart to the point where you hardly got out of bed or even showed up to the studio to work on our album," he retorted.

I narrowed my eyes, "And I'm grateful you stood by me even when I was at my lowest, but I'm not going to straightaway jump into anything with her." I answered with a careless shrug of my shoulders. "We didn't get closure after we broke up, she just left."

"Are you really trying to get hurt again and make us pick up the pieces?" Jack answered, and I scoffed momentarily before glaring at the faux blonde.

"I never asked you to do anything, and it's not like I'm never going to get my heart broken a couple more times before finally finding the one," I retorted, and I watched as he snapped his mouth shut. A sigh slipped past my lips as my phone buzzed yet again. I glanced down and smiled softly at her response, 'Monique's Cafe in 30?'.  I sent a quick 'okay' before looking back at the boys and asking, "Does anyone else have anything else to say about how I'm handling this, or can I leave?"