2️⃣4️⃣

-Zach's POV-

I jolted awake at the sound of an ear-piercing scream, shuddering as shivers ran down my spine at the shrill tone. My eyes scanned the pitch-black room until they landed on two dark silhouettes.

"L-Luke, l-let m-me go" the familiar voice stammered out before a menacing cackle boomed through the  somewhat compact space.

"Why should I? So you could run back to that pathetic boyfriend of yours?" They cackled out, crouching down to the trembling figure that sat on the ground.

"At least he's more of a gentleman than you'll ever be" She spat out before my jaw clenched at the harsh slap she had received from his grimy hands.

"I'd watch that pretty mouth of yours before I do something myself" He tauntingly muttered out.

"Why? Because you just can't handle the ugly truth?" She confidently said but a gasp elicited passed her lips as he gripped her jaw forcefully.

"No because your mouth can do wonders baby girl" he muttered out. I grimaced, watching as his fingers danced around her shaking frame, "The way your lips feel against-" He moaned out.

I took a step forward and stared at Talia's petrified expression, her face pale as a ghost. "Y-You're monstrous" She muttered, whimpering moments later.

"Monstrous? I am no such thing, I'm just claiming what's mine" He nonchalantly answered before standing tall.

"I'm not a property to claim Luke! I am a human being, a human being that has feelings!" She yelled as he strolled to the opposite side of the room. "Something you're not!".

A scream echoed throughout the compact space, Luke's face scrunched up in anger with his jaw clenched. "You're really testing my patience Talia! That knife could've gone through your throat but I figured I'd be generous for a change" He replied.

I crossed my fingers behind my back, "Baby please" I repeated continuously but my prayers weren't answered.

"So you do have a heart under all that bitterness" She sarcastically said which provoked Luke even more.

"You're walking on thin ice baby" Luke growled out, snatching an object off of the wooden table, his jaw clenched. "One more word and this goes into your heart" He tauntingly said, slapping the item onto his palm every second.

She scoffed, "Your bluffing" She answered but her eyes widened, the familiar black object pointed in her direction.

"Am I?" He asked, an eyebrow raised as my heart raced. A click was heard, indicating that the gun was fully loaded, "Choose your next words carefully lovely" He snickered out.

"Oh my god" I choked out, feeling my throat close as  I intently stared at the scene ahead of me. My palms were pressed against the wall but I groaned when I found myself sprawled on the ground, no feeling in my legs. "No! NO! NO!" I yelled, tears prickling the corner of my eyes,

"I love you Zach" She choked out and a loud bang was heard and I screamed.

My eyes shot open and I gasped as I observed my surrounding, my breaths coming out in ragged breaths. I snapped my gaze to the seat beside mine and my heart raced when the seat was empty with no Talia in sight. My hands began to shake, "Zach?" a soft yet tired voice rang through my ears and I snapped my head in their direction and sighed in relief.

"Never do that again" I whispered pulling Talia onto my lap and burying my head into the crook of her neck. "Never" I murmured under my breath.

"What happened?" She questioned, confusion laced in her tone as se slid off of my lap and onto the seat beside me.