The greater beyond

Hiccup and Heather have been flying for hours, waiting to find somewhere to call their own when they're hit by a terrible storm. The skies went almost pitch black, rain was pouring down upon them both, nonstop.

"Hiccup, I think we should turn back." Heather suggests as the storm gets worse the further they go.

"We just have to keep pushing forward until we're out of this storm." Hiccup says and he sees daylight up ahead. "Come on, fly to the light!" Hiccup tells her as they fly though the clouds and break through the storm and see new uncharted islands everywhere.

"Looks like there's a place up ahead we can land." Hiccup tells Heather when they hear something and that's when Toothless and Windshear start acting strange.

"Hey, what's wrong with you, girl?" Heather asks her dragon as Windshear is shaking her head and it looks like as if she goes into a trance.

"Heather, do you hear that?" Hiccup asks her.

"Yeah, what is that?" She asks him, never hearing anything like it before.

"I've never heard anything like it, but it would seem the dragons are getting drawn towards it." Hiccup says. "And I guess we're going there." They start flying towards the nearest island and finally land after traveling all day.

-

They make it to the island and see the white, sandy beach, the forest surrounding most of the island and the mountains in the distance. The island is just incredible, and looks safe enough for the two species.

"This place is beautiful." Heather says as she looks around in amazement.

"Yeah, I wonder if there's any new dragons out this far." Hiccup says as they start getting set up for the night.

Later, they're eating the food Hiccup packed while Windshear and Toothless are asleep behind them.

"So, should we discuss what's gonna happen?" Heather asks Hiccup.

"Do you want to happen?" Hiccup asks her.

"If you wanna stay with me and Toothless, you and Windshear are welcome to stay. We just need to find a good place to stay, build our own place. Maybe we could even help out more villages with their dragons. Show them they're not dangerous." Hiccup tells her as he finishes eating.

"Like I said before, I got nowhere else to be." Heather says and that means she's sticking by his side.

"I mean, this is only the beginning. Who knows what there is to find?" Hiccup asks as he gets up to go to bed. "Well, I'm gonna get some rest. I'd suggest staying near Windshear. Dragons have the urge to protect the people they trust." Hiccup explains to her as he moves closer to Toothless.

When they're sound asleep, the sound comes back and the dragons wake up.

-

Heather just starts waking up when Hiccup comes up to her. "Heather." Hiccup wakes her. "Do you hear that?" He asks her.

"Hear what?" Heather asks as she sits up. "I don't hear anything." She tells Hiccup.

"Exactly, it's gone, the sound is gone...including our dragons." Hiccup tells her and she looks to realize Windshear is gone and so is Toothless.

Later, they're in the woods looking for them. "Windshear!" "Toothless!" They both call out for their dragons.

"Nothing. I don't get it. Where would they go? Toothless can't fly without me, so he didn't leave. You and Windshear just recently bonded, at that stage, Toothless never left my side." Hiccup says as they keep searching and hear something behind them. They see bushes tussling and Toothless jumps out and tackled Hiccup and he laughs.