The tale ends

Eight years have passed since Drago, and the riders have helped Hiccup and Heather rebuild the Edge, this time in a portion of land between Arendelle and the forest.

They call their new home the Sanctuary Edge.

They have changed and saved every dragon there is to save thanks to the help of the new alpha dragon Toothless.

Over time, their names have become the stuff of legends. The rescuers who risked their lives day after day to save troubled dragons as now nobody would think of harming a dragon.

They have saved every dragon that there is and now their new home is where anyone can find their dragon to train and ride.

They even brought in more people as they have a Rider for most of their dragons now. Even some people in Arendelle and the forest have one of their own.

"And those are the tales of the dragon riders." Johann tells a eight year old Hope who has grown and now has hair like her mother and an outfit like her father's, as on her lap is a sleeping Echo.

"Wow." Hope responds in amazement to the stories of their adventures.

"Johann, are you telling her more stories about the dragon riders?" Heather asks as she walks in.

Heather has grown over the years and her hair now goes over both of her shoulders and down to her waist.

"Only the finest of tales, miss Heather." Johann promises since Hope is the only one of them all that can actually stand his stories.

"Really? Aren't you out of those tales by now?" Hiccup asks as he joins them and he's even grown a beard the last couple of years.

"Oh, but there are so many adventures to tell." Johann tells them. "Which reminds me of a tale..."

Shortstuff screeches in annoyance of the man and throws his head underneath a pillow on Hope's bed to block him out.

Even the Razorfuries ran out of the room and took flight as their parents joined them in the air as Hiccup made Toothless a new tail so he could go flying with his family whenever he wanted.

"You ever wonder if she's gonna learn that we're the ones in the stories she loves?" Heather asks Hiccup.

"We could always tell her." Hiccup informs her.

"Yeah, but where's the fun in that?" Heather replies and Hiccup laughs as they watch their dragons fly off and around the Sanctuary Edge.

"Our lives were incredible." Hiccup states as he smiles at the night sky.

"Our lives are incredible." Heather corrects him. "Just because we're not Night or Shadow Rider as much as we used to doesn't mean it's the end."

"Yeah, you've got me there." Hiccup admits as he takes Heather by the hip and pulls her into a kiss.

Hala comes down with Scarlett as do Valka and Cloudjumper just to see them kissing.

"Yikes, take it to the hut will ya?" Hala asks.

"Love you too, sis." Hiccup replies to her as Shortstuff flies up to her to escape Johann.

Elsa comes in riding the now frozen water horse where Hope spots her.

"Auntie Elsa!" Hope cheers as she runs into her aunt's arms.

"Hey, Hope. How's your parents and brother doing?" Elsa asks and the two begin talking.

Hope knows and loves everyone that they've met over the years. Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Mala, even Chief Astrid and her now husband Errit.

The people who live at Sanctuary Edge are the craziest of crazy, but those who believe it's worth protecting are crazier.

This isn't the end of their story, but their tales have come to an end.

Part of the journey is that the end comes sooner or later.

Now their journey is over, but their adventures are not done yet.