Alliances

Using the cover of night, Hiccup and Heather are dressed in their Night and Shadow suits and wait until the gang are all asleep in the guest hut and go for their dragons and lock them in the stalls.

"Sorry, guys. It's nothing personal." Hiccup says as they get on their dragons and fly off.

They didn't realize that the Nadder they locked up wasn't Stormfly but one of their own as Astrid watches them fly away.

"Okay, let's get some real answers, girl." Astrid says and flies after them.

She keeps her distance and watches as they fly towards a ship and seem to be having a conversation with the man,and tries seeing who it is with her spyglass.

"Come on, who are you?" Astrid asks as the man turns around and she sees Trader Johann. "Wait, Joann knew about Hiccup being out here and after all these years, and he never said anything to us?" Astrid asks completely confused.

-

On the boat, Johann hands the Rider's a map and they start leaving.

"Thank you, Johann. Pleasure doing business with you as usual." Hiccup says through his mask that's muffling his voice a bit.

"The feeling is quite mutual, Master Night. I can assure you, I enjoy your bargains of new shipment of Groncle iron. There's thousands of buyers out there who wish to know where I get it for their tools. But as I promised you both, I never say where the Edge is located, unless it's to the people of Arendelle." Johann says to them as they get on their dragons and take off.

Astrid moves Stormfly into the darkness so they're not spotted and watches Hiccup and Heather take off.

"Okay, Johann. I can't get Hiccup to talk, but I have a feeling that I can make you sing much more easier." Astrid states and flies towards his ship.

Once she lands, Johann spots her and is surprised. "Miss. Astrid, What a surprise to see you this far out from Berk." He says trying to stay calm.

"Johann, I want to talk to you about a couple of riders." She says getting straight to the point.

"I'm sorry, I've been sworn to secrecy." Johann states. "The chief of the headhunting Asmat trig from Papua New Guinea couldn't part these lips!" He says proud of himself and Heather slams her axe on his table.

"Well, how about Stoick the Vast of the Hooligan tribe from Berk?" She asks him, threateningly. "Do you know what trade sanctions are?" She asks him.

"Two words that should never be used in the same sentence?" Johann asks, getting scared when Stormfly gets ready to strike, and he's ready to squeal. "Right, where shall I begin?" He asks Astrid.

"Do you know who the Night and Shadow Rider are?" She asks and sees he's struggling to answer.

"So, you've learnt who they are, have you?" Johann asks her and she nods.

"Well, it was a storm that brought me to their home one faithful night." Johann informs her. "They saved me when my boat was trapped in the middle of a storm, worse storm I've seen in years. It reminded me of when-"

"Johann!" Astrid interrupts him, getting him back on topic.

"Sorry. They brought me to their home when they found me unconscious adrift in the ocean. Then I realized it was the Night Rider that I have heard so much about in my travels and Shadow Rider. I didn't know it was Master Hiccup until about a while of doing business with them." Johann explains to her.

"What business do you deal with them? Is it the ships they're attacking?" She asks him.

"The ships...I suppose it has to do with Miss Shadow's entire village, including her own family, being decimated by a rather nasty group of undesirables. They've made it their mission to avenge the island she called home and her family." Johann tells her.