Lives on the edge

Viggo paces outside the room with Toothless and Windshear guarding him so he doesn't try anything.

"I don't trust the guy." Astrid states.

"You know, he'd actually be pretty fun to hang with." Tuffnut says and they all look to him. "I mean, if he weren't trying to kill us all the time."

"You gotta love the way he talks." Ruffnut agrees with him. "Hiccup, I'm afraid our time together has come to an end. I must now kill you, if you have no objections."

"Yeah, like he's not gonna have objections." Tuffnut replies. "Then he'll go, all of your Dragon Riders must also go, with my sincerest apologies."

"I'm with Astrid. This is all just a big game to him." Heather agrees.

"Ryker is coming to try and wipe us out along with his brother. Are we really gonna take chances with Viggo?" Fishlegs asks.

"You guys are right. I got this." Hiccup says and they bring Viggo into a cell.

"Hiccup, you must reconsider." Viggo asks of him.

"Viggo, I'm sorry. There's too much bad blood for us to trust you'll not do anything but try to, well...you know." Hiccup states.

"And the Dragon Eye's return, it did nothing to assuage your concerns?" Viggo asks.

"Not enough." Heather tells him.

"Ryker will attack this island with my Shellfire dragon. I'm afraid he won't stop until all of you are, well...you know." Viggo promises.

"That's encouraging as always, Viggo." Hiccup says.

"You see, that's just it. I could be of considerable assistance in helping you defend your home if you would allow me." Viggo asks of them.

"We'll take that under advisement." Heather promises when the twins come in with Astrid close behind.

"They're here. Well, I mean not here, but very soon." Tuffnut tells them. "I think we might need to start getting ready."

"Translation, Astrid?" Hiccup asks.

"Dragon Hunters. Multiple ships headed this way." Astrid tells them.

"Come on." Hiccup tells Heather as they get their dragons. "Make sure he doesn't go anywhere." He tells the twins and they fly off.

-

"All right, gang, we have until dawn. They'll be in range by then." Hiccup tells the group.

"Hiccup, I've had a thought. Now follow me on this." Snotlout asks of him. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm not completely attached to this place, right? Let it burn to the ground."

The two of them look to him in anger to that he's suggesting they let the place they've called home for over three years just die.

"I mean, it's been fun. Great views. But is it worth dying for? That's what you have to ask yourself." Snotlout tells them. "All right, lets take a vote."

"Snotlout, we're not letting our home just die." Heather states to him, angry he's suggesting that.

"And if we don't stop them here, they're going to go for Berk next." Hiccup adds. "We have to make our stand here and do whatever it takes to stop them. Astrid, you and Stormfly cover the backside of the edge. Snotlout, you and Hookfang get the Gronckle Iron walls up on the huts. Fishlegs, you and the twins be prepared for the first wave of ships." He tells them when the twins come up to them.

"Hey, Hey! There's no crying in Maces Talons!" Tuffnut tells them still on the one liner. "What do you think? It's already got the Viggo stamp of approval."