That stings

Hiccup and Heather leads the group up the mountain of a nearby island of the Edge early in the morning despite their annoyance.

"Okay, Hiccup, you dragged us all the way up here." Astrid tells him.

"What is it you have to show us? It better involve food or destruction. Or a combination of the wo." Tuffnut warns him.

"I bet you're all wondering why I brought you here." Hiccup says as he's digging trough Toothless' saddle. "The answer is; to show you my latest invention. Presenting the Dragonfly One." He says showing a glider he created.

He gets nothing but stares from the rest of the group except Heather who smacks her face as Tuffnut just raises his chicken he befriended while on the Edge.

"The chicken is not amused." Tuffnut says as the chicken continues to cluck.

"I thought you gave up on that thing." Heather asks him.

"Yeah, but I've been working on it in my spare time." Hiccup admits to her.

"What is it?" Snotlout asks.

"It's a flight suit." Hiccup dumbs it down for him. "Don't all applaud at once."

"Hiccup, I don't need to remind you that we already have flying dragons. Why would we ever need a flight suit?" Fishlegs asks him.

"Well, what did we were to get separated from our dragons mid-flight? It's happen a dozen times with me and Heather. With this, we can fly solo until we can catch up with them." Hiccup explains while placing the glider on his back.

"When this doesn't work, and it clearly will not, can I have Heather?" Snotlout asks him.

"Oh for Thor's sake." Hiccup moans and even Toothless growls at that as Hiccup walks up to the edge of the cliff.

"What do you plan on doing here?" Astrid asks.

"Jumping. Unless someone has a better idea." Hiccup tells her.

"This should be fun." Heather says wanting to see how this one turns out.

"Relax, would ya? Feel that updraft? That's why I chose this place." Hiccup explains his plan. "It'll pick up my wings and I'll be floating on a bed of air." He promises and when he activates the wings one side of them gets stuck.

"Or crashing on a bed of rock." Snotlout says as Hiccup is trying to fix it and he growls at him.

"Okay, everyone. Dragonfly one, maiden flight." Hiccup says before leaping and he begins falling as Toothless then leaps after him to save him.

"I don't know about you guys, but I was under the impression that a flight suit was supposed to fly." Tuffnut comments.

"Yeah, that looks more like a plummet suit." Ruffnut says as Toothless saves Hiccup and they crash into the water.

-

Later, Hiccup is back and ready to go again.

"Okay, so I made a few tweaks. Now behold some serious flying." Hiccup says before leaping once more and is able to stay in the air for a second before once again plummeting.

Toothless then once again leaps after his rider to save him.

But Hiccup keeps on trying.

"This time, I absolutely know where I went wrong. It's all in the timing. I judged the updraft wrong. I assure you, I definitely have it now." Hiccup promises as Toothless looks at his rider, getting sick of rescuing him.

"Don't worry, bud. I've got this under control." Hiccup promises his dragon and waits a minute for the updraft before leaping this time and before he could hit the ground, his suit begins to glide across the ground.