Forest fire

It's been three years since Hiccup has left Berk, and a couple of months since the Arendell incident.

Today, Heather was inspecting the island and Hiccup is flying with a pack of dragons in the air to see if they remember what Heather taught them the previous day.

While she was doing that, Toothless and Hiccup are flying in front of the dragon group, leading then around the island.

"Okay, bud, let's see how they are." Hiccup says to Toothless. "V formation!" He shouts to the dragons and they all go into a V shape behind Toothless.

"Not bad, team." Hiccup congratulates seeing they're picking up fast.

"Diamond formation!" He calls out and they all move into a diamond shape without a hinge. "They're learning well, don't you think, bud?" Hiccup asks Toothless who snorts in agreement as they go through their routine.

-

Back on the island, Heather is doing her spot check on all of the Night Terrors after she had finished her check on most of the Nadders and Gronckle except the few with Hiccup.

"Okay there's Night Terror 542, 543. They're easier to spot during the day than at night, wouldn't you say, girl?" She asks her dragon as she continues her search.

"Easier to spot that they're a million of small dragons and easier to count. We just finish up these guys and then Nightmares and Terrible Terrors, and last being the Nadders and we can be done with it." Heather tells Windshear who's happy to hear that.

She takes Windshear in to land in an opening and sees a pack of Night Terrors. "Okay, there's a few of them down here." She states when a small golden dragon falls down onto her saddle.

"Hey there, little guy. You're new, aren't you?" She asks thedragon as part of her saddle gets put on fire and she freaks out and puts it out quickly. "I'm pretty sure they were called Fireworms. What are they doing here? They haven't shown up in the past few years we've been here." She asks herself.

"It could've just lost its way." She states and looks around when another Fireworm comes down and starts another fire. "Windshear!" She shouts and her dragon just blows out the fire as if it was nothing. "Okay, I'm sure I should tell Hiccup about this." She says and gets onto Windshear and take off.

-

Hiccup was just finishing up morning routines and went in to land when he saw Heather flying towards him. "Hey there, Heather. Something wrong?" Hiccup asks her when she comes close enough.

"There's something I think you need to see for yourself." She says to him and he decides to call the dragons back and gets to Toothless and takes off and follows her while she explains the situation.

"It just started with one Fireworm, and as we were flying around, we started to see even more of them." Heather explains as Hiccup looks to see small fires are starting from the little of Fireworms there are.

"Well, this can't be a migration, because if it was, the whole island would be on fire. But yet again, the Book Of Dragons says when they are migrating, they send out some scouts to go ahead of them to see if the route is safe. They might be changing route. And our island is just in their new path. Which means eventually an entire flock of Fireworms are on their way soon. And will burn everything to the ground." Hiccup says to her.

"How much time do you think we have to get prepared?" She asks him.

"From what I recall from Berk, a week maybe at best." Hiccup explains knowing they need to prepare.

"We put in too much time and effort for this place to just be burnt down. We have to save it." Heather says and Hiccup agrees.

"You're right. We better start fire proofing the Sanctuary. Find a place for the dragons to be high and dense enough for the flames won't reach them. And then build a fire break and make a clearing so the fire doesn't reach our home. And possibly start gathering water. We don't know how long they could be migrating here for." Hiccup says and they split up the jobs.