Unexpected ally

The team is back at the Edge and Hiccup is working on some new dragon armor to protect their dragons from the dragon arrows and Toothless doesn't care for it.

"Come on, bud, work with me here, please?" Hiccup asks of his dragon.

The two start making their way out of the stables and runs into Heather.

"Heather! Hey." Hiccup greets her. "So, what brings you here so early in the morning? You're going on a test flight with Windshear? Well, same here. With Toothless, of course."

"You're going on a recon flight. Alone, with no backup. We talked about this a dozen times." Heather puts together and reminds him.

"I know, I just didn't want to wake you. It's no big deal. Really." Hiccup assures her.

"Hiccup, it's been months since the whole Viggo.."

"Fiasco?" Hiccup interrupts her.

"I was gonna say experience. You had to stop obsessing over this guy." Heather reminds him. "You're gonna wear yourself thin looking for him who doesn't want to be found."

"I'm fine. Besides, maybe Viggo isn't out there, but his Hunters surely are." Hiccup reminds her.

"And we know they won't say anything." Heather says and sees he's not stopping. "Look, if you're going, at least let me go with you."

"Fine." Hiccup says and waits for her to leave before turning to his dragon. "Okay, it's now or never."

-

The two fly off and Toothless still wouldn't wear the armor as they took off.

"When Heather and Windshear finds out you're not wearing your armor, I am not covering for you." Hiccup warns his dragon as they fly out. "But with all that armor on, would we be able to do this?" He asks as they start flying and doing their tricks throughout the air.

"Man, that new tail is awesome." Hiccup states as they continue to fly trough the air and Toothless takes a dip into the water, causing Hiccup to get soaked and Toothless laughs at his rider.

While flying, they come across a Dragon Hunter ship.

"Okay, bud. Let's get a closer look." Hiccup says as they fly up to the ship and see they're all unconscious and smoke coming from the ship.

Hiccup and Toothless land and sees them.

"Looks like a dragon hit the best of them." Hiccup guesses as Toothless growls. "Yeah, let's get out of here." He says, agreeing when the Hunters start getting up and they fly off.

"Fire!" One of the Hunters say and they start shooting their dragons root arrows and one was able to hit Toothless.

"Come on, bud!" Hiccup tells Toothless and see an island coming up. "We can make that." He encouraged Toothless as they drop onto the island.

"I got you, Toothless. I'm right here." Hiccup assures his dragon and sees the arrow stuck inside of him and pulls it out and Toothless cries in pain. "I know. We just gotta wait or out, bud." He tells him and he doesn't know how long that will be and the hunters are coming for them.

-

Hiccup just takes Toothless and starts dragging him until they reach a cave that they'll be able to hide in for now.

"I'm sorry, bud. I am so sorry I got us into this." Hiccup apologizes as Toothless drops and isn't feeling well because of the arrow.

Hiccup runs to the entrance of the cave and sees the hunters approaching.

"Why didn't I listen? Why didn't I...what's wrong with me?" Hiccup asks himself and Toothless cries in pain. "Shhh! Toothless, please. You stay still and keep quiet. I'm gonna buy us some time. I'll be back." He promises and quickly covered up the cave with some bushes.