We never listen

Heather looks up and sees that it was Scarlett and Hala who flew in and shielded her from the Windshear's barbs as they looked to Hiccup and Stoick who was covered in ice.

"No." Hiccup says as he runs over to his father and Hala gasps at the sight of him before leaving Scarlett and Shortstuff to check on her father as Heather gets to her feet.

"Dad!" Hala call's as Hiccup and her turn him over on his back as Valka joins them and sees him.

Valka pressed her ear against Stoick's chest while Hiccup whispered, "Dad," over and over again. It took Hala a few moments before she realized that she was doing the same. Her father couldn't die here. He was too strong. He couldn't be taken down like this...he just couldn't.

Impossible.

But then...Terrifyingly enough...Valka shut her eyes with a small whimper. A tear rolled down her cheek, and she lifted her head, opening her eyes once again to gaze sadly at the children. The look in her eyes said it all.

"No," Hiccup whispered as if reading everyone's thoughts. He shook his head as if trying to shake himself out of whatever sick dream he found himself in.

But it wasn't a dream.

There was no waking up from this reality, no matter how sick and twisted it was.

"No, no, no," Hiccup whispered, resting his head against Stoick's chest. Heather couldn't see his face, but she saw his shoulders shaking and heaving with sobs that tore through his body.

Stoick is gone.

"No." Hiccup whispers as Toothless and Windshear wake up and the other riders join them and see what's happened.

Heather does the best to comfort her husband as Toothless walks up to them and smells Stoick's hand, not knowing what he did.

"No! Get away from him!" Hiccup pushes his dragon away as Toothless looks sorry for what he did. "Go on! Get away!" He tells Toothless who runs off in sadness.

"You know it's not his fault." Heather tells him as she feels just as sad and bad since Stoick was like her father.

As they mourn, the Bewilderbeast starts taking control of all of their dragons.

"Good dragons under the control of bad people...do bad things." Valka says as Drago sees Toothless can't fly on his own.

Dragon forces the dragon down and then controls him himself.

"Come on! Gather the men and meet me at the Edge! Then Berk!" Drago says and they're concerned for how powerful he'll become if he reaches the Edge.

"Toothless!" "Windshear!" "Shortstuff!" They shout as they fly off with Drago and leaves the Riders alone and defenseless.

They send Stoick on one of the only boats remaining to give Stoick a proper funeral as they light some arrows

"May the Valkyries welcome you and lead you through Odin's great battlefield." Gobber says as he cries. "May they sing your name with love and fury so that we might hear its rise from the depths of Valhalla, and know that you've taken your rightful place at the table of kings." He continues as he hands the bow and arrow to Hiccup. "For a great man has fallen. A warrior. A chieftain. A father. A friend."

Hiccup lights his arrow and aims at the ship and lights it in fire as everyone else does the same and they watch as the ship burns along with Stoick.

"I'm sorry, dad." Hiccup apologizes and Heather comforts her husband in his time of need. "I'm not the man he wanted me to be. And I'm not the peacekeeper I thought I was. I...don't know..."