Edge of Disaster

Astrid and Stormfly are flying by the watchtower to relieve the twins of their duty.

"Hey, guys! You are officially relieved from guard duty." Astrid tells them and they're standing there. "Stormfly, get me in close. Why do we have to go through this every single..." She was asking when she sees that the twins aren't there but just statues of them. "Are you kidding me?"

Astrid gets back on Stormfly and flies off to have a talk with Hiccup about this.

-

"They didn't stand their post. Those dummies left two dummies in their place." Astrid tells Hiccup who's leaning against his hut listening to her as Heather is still inside.

"You know, those dummies could conceivably be just as effective as the twins." Hiccup admits.

"Not funny." Astrid tells him. "We built that watchtower so that-"

"We know why it was built, Astrid." Heather tells her from inside the hut.

"I just don't understand how this isn't making you completely insane." Astrid tells him.

"Because, then there'd be two crazy people in this conversation and we wouldn't get anywhere." Hiccup says.

"Are you saying I'm..?"

"Astrid, let us talk to the twins. We'll get their side of the story, then we can figure out what we need to do." Hiccup offers when the said twins land near them.

"Well, if it isn't our crack security team now." Astrid says sarcastically.

"Please, please, there's no need to shower us with accolades." Tuffnut promises her.

"Tuff, you left two dummies to protect this entire base." Astrid recaps what he did.

"Not a base." Heather reminds her, since this is their home.

As they talk a Terrible Terror comes flying in and Heather takes the note attached to his foot.

"What you fail to realize in your foggy morning state, is that those are not dummies. They are scareships." Tuffnut tells her.

"Scareships?" Astrid questions.

"You didn't see any ships near the island, did you?" Ruffnut asks.

"I think not. And why? The They were appropriately scared away. By the scareships." Tuffnut finishes.

"Are you following any of this?" Astrid asks Hiccup who's looking over the letter Heather read.

"Not closely. I'm reading this. It's from Johann. He's in trouble." Hiccup says and he needs to get a few of them to go save him.

-

Hiccup is taking the group but is leaving Heather, Astrid and the twins to watch over the Edge.

"You sre not leaving me with these two muttonheads." Astrid tells Hiccup.

"She knows we're standing right here, right?" Tuffnut asks.

"Look, Johann is surrounded by Dragon Hunters, and his ship is taking water, plus he knows about everything here. We have to get out there and help him." Hiccup tells her. "And I need you and Heather to stay here and hold down the Edge. The twins are just your backup, Heather knows how to hold her own and how to hold the place down."

"I can't believe this is happening. This actually may be the worst day in history." Astrid states.

"Astrid, the forever-ice that Elsa left us only fits for Hookfang and Toothless, and Meatlug is immune to the Dragon Hunter arrows. And we can't just rush off to Arendelle which is in the opposite direction of Johann. There isn't enough time. And we need to keep at least someone behind who is immune to the arrows, being Windshear."