001

A small child looked out her window, she witnessed the beautiful sakura petals fall from her window down the garden

A small child looked out her window, she witnessed the beautiful sakura petals fall from her window down the garden. Leaning to open the window she gently reached out for a petal, a small breeze brushed her long red hair.

"Young Mistress" turning her head, she looked at the brunette. The brunette had her head down, bowing at the child who gently smiled at her

"Hana!" The child ran towards the brunette who kneeled down. The brunette named Hana gently reached towards the child's arms "Happy Birthday" as if the child's smile couldn't get bigger her eyes lit up. Hana had remembered her birthday! April 21st

"Here, I got you a little something" eagerly the child opened her gift only to gasp. She gently held the ball in her small arms. "I've seen how you look at those soccer players and I couldn't help myself but get you one" Hana smiled as the child slightly jumped from happiness

"Thank you! Thank you! Can we go outside?! Please!" Hana nodded her head leading her Mistress down the long stairway to the yard behind. Ripping the packaging of the soccer ball she placed it on the grass before playing to her heart's content. Hana smiled at the young child who played with every fiber in her body.

Not that far a figure looked out the window and an older man looked at his youngest child, Ai Akashi. He tilted his head to the side confused "When did Ai grow an interest in playing football?" He looked at his oldest child expecting an answer, the light purple-headed boy shrugged his shoulder before resuming reading his book. Akashi sighed at his oldest attitude. He wondered if he should give her something else rather than jewelry.

~EMPRESS~

"Goodnight, Young Mistress" hearing the door close Ai opened her eyes waiting to see if Hana would enter once again. Once confirming she wasn't she tiptoed towards the door, gently opening and looking left to right.

Nodding she walked towards the stairs once reaching the hallway she walked towards the dim light. Peaking through the creak door she witnessed her father sleeping on the couch, his arms covering his face.

Walking inside her father's office she grabbed the blanket that was hidden inside a cabinet. She covered her father making sure he was warm for the night.

"Goodnight, Papa. Ai knows you've been working hard which is why she forgives you for not saying Happy Birthday to her. I'm sorry for taking Mama away from you and brother" whispered Ai as she gently kissed her fathers forehead before closing the door behind her.

Fluttering his eyes, Seijuro touched the place where his daughter kissed him. He smiled gently but couldn't help but let a tear fall from his face. He knew his daughter was having a hard time accepting the fact that he wasn't always there, he knew his late wife would scold him for neglecting their daughter but he couldn't help it. His daughter looked like his late wife that every time he would see her he would turn around not wanting to reminisce about her.

Even if it meant hurting his daughter

"Is father and brother not joining?" the butler sighed in sadness witnessing the young mistress nod in sadness

"Is father and brother not joining?" the butler sighed in sadness witnessing the young mistress nod in sadness. Her red eyes no longer held the same shine when she was a child. Now all the butler could see was a dull doll.

"The Master and the young master had urgent business-"

"I understand, Mr.Tanaka. I'm no longer hungry I should get going"

Ai walked away not looking back as she did not want to witness the pity swirling in the eyes of others. She hated the pity she got from them, she didn't need it.

"Ai! You're late! You can't keep doing this just because your forward doesn't give you-" Kana stopped talking at the look her junior gave her. The red eyes encased with an orange ring around the iris frighten her.

Snapping out of her fear she realized she was alone in the school's hallway. Gritting her teeth she cursed the Akashi girl for being spoiled before rushing outside towards the team who greeted their rivals.

Hearing the whistle Ai immediately ignored the screams from her teammates. She stopped when she looked at the three females who cornered, sighing in irritation moving the ball side to side as they followed her movement before they fell on their knees.

Ignoring their look she immediately took the shot and walked off not bothering looking if she made the shot or not.

Unbeknownst to her, teammates looked at her with scrutiny. How could someone be so cocky? They didn't cheer even if they were in the lead. Kana looked at the opposing team before nodding to them along with her teammates.

~EMPRESS~

Ai sighed at the two groups who were on their knees. She walked towards her captain and lowered her head causing a shadow to appear. Ai glared furiously at the girl, her red eyes pierced through her brown eyes.

"What a laughable attempt. You should just stay where you are, groveling at my feet"

Kana clenched her teeth in anger, how dare she?! She was her senior and this is how she was treated. Ever since Ai came to Rakuzan High everything was about her?!

Ai scoffed at the girl before turning towards her coach "I quit." The coach's eyes widened upon hearing the girl, if Ai were to leave now they'll lose a valuable asset and all the benefits it comes with. Ever since Ai joined the team her family has been donating a hefty amount of money towards the club and they have been winning.

"Akashi! Wait" Ai ignored the pleading from the man, she knew he had been abusing the money her family had been donating. She knew he had let the girls rummage through her bag and lock her in the showers without anything but her towel.

If this was truly the prestigious school her father joined she was highly disappointed. The way they treated her was suffocating, she hated it. The more she stayed here the more she realized she was in the shadows of her father

 The more she stayed here the more she realized she was in the shadows of her father