018

"That was sick! Wait, did he seriously fake shot it into the air with some crazy spin, then when it floated down, took the shot again and scored? That was a miraculous bit of skill!" Anri yelled watching the monitors

"Calling something like that "miraculous" shows just how average you are, Anri-chan." Ego replied, causing the female to deadpan "B-But that was top-drawer stuff, wasn't it? It's not like you could reproduce that any time you want. No way." Anri defended

"I don't know about that. The iron mentality that you will score, the skills to make it happen, the situation on the field, the environment the player is in...If all conditions are optimal, a performance can go beyond human understanding. Miraculous events can be explained, Anri-chan. And a formula for them awaits at the end of this selection." Ego said, causing his glasses to slightly fall due to tilting his head down.

Lifting her finger Ai flicked Bachira's forehead causing him to yelp and hold his head "Why'd you do that, Akacchin?!"

"Stop relying on your monster or you'll fall behind" Ai said bluntly "Instead turn that monster into you, make it so it bows down to you rather than others only then can you become a true egoist"

"Wh-Wh-What do we do now? They caught up to us." Tokimitsu asked looking around anxiously, Ai merely hummed in reply "Stop babbling. From now on, I'm in control of this field. If you want to win, bust a gut to keep up with me." Rin responded, causing Tokimitsu to freak out.

"Uh, is he mad? " Tokimitsu questioned

"Could it be that you're feeling threatened, Rin?" Ai mockingly asked the male causing the said male to glare at her. "A-Akashi?!" Tokimitsu yelped in a panic fearing for his teammates safety. "Shut up."

"I let you control the field, Rin. Don't make me revoke your privileges" Ai said, her smirk no longer present but replaced with a cold look that matched her father's. Rin scoffed, ignoring the female and waited for the whistle.

Moving forward Rin watched as Isagi ran forward causing him to pass towards their muscle pig on the team "What? This way? But wait...In the path of the scary gorilla? Please get outta my way!" Tokimitsu yelled at Barou who looked at the incoming ball "You messed up. I'll get there first."

"Oh, hey, maybe I will reach it." Tokimitsu said watching the backspin ball come towards him, watching as Rin got in a better position he passed the ball to Rin who in return passed the ball towards the duo of redheads.

"I see" Ai said, glancing at Rin who practically glared at her. Jumping up as the ball hit her chest "Neat. Still caught up to you, though." "My did I really piss you off that much to make me pass you the ball back" Ai said kicking the ball towards Rin "You really are petty"

Watching Rin do a roulette around Nagi before facing Isagi who saw right through his trick "You're two steps too slow." Rin said, looking down at the male.