004

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

"Damn it! Isagi won!" "Then, starting with Isagi-kun, we'll each say which position we want to play in." Juon said and almost immediately Isagi said he wanted to be forward.

"The first selection will involve the 55 of you in Building 5. It's a kind of five-team round robin. Only the top two teams progress. The rest will leave Blue Lock. And those who are kicked out will forever be ineligible for the national team. However, the top scores from the three losing teams will advance to the next selection. If more than one player has the most goals in a team, we'll go by fair play points, and the player with the least penalty points will progress. Will you prioritize your own goals or the team's victory? The karma of a striker is put to the test in this first selection. This is a battle about creating soccer from zero. The first match starts in two hours. It will be Team X versus Team Z"

Ai sat at the end of the bench, she watched Kuon begin to write the formation for their first match "All right, everyone. This is our formation for the first match. We'll go for the win with Isagi-kun as our focal point at center forward." "Gotcha." "Isagi's ranking is super low. Can we win with him as our focal point?"

"Stop complaining, Igaguri." Kunigami halted the complaints from Igaguri who seemed salty about not being forward "I don't wanna play in defense." "All we gotta do is win, right?" "No objections here."

"All we gotta do is win," huh?"

Shaking her head Ai walked away first not wanting to stay a second longer with them. Once they saw Ai walk away they followed behind her, Ai tied her hair in a ponytail, small baby hairs escaping but they didn't bother her one bit.

"Here they come, Team X"

Glaring slightly at the males who walked in with confidence clearly underestimating them considering they were ranked higher than them.

"In the first selection, all fouls will be called by VAR. Building 5's first match will be a half-game lasting 45 minutes. Team X versus Team Z. Time for kick-off"

As soon as the whistle was heard Ai blended with the rest of them. Watching as Bachira passed the ball towards Isagi. Isagi ran forward as three from the opposing team ran towards him. He halted thinking of a solution 'Should I pass it back and build the attack?' too caught up in his thoughts he didn't notice Raichi came from behind him. Raichi quickly stole the ball from the dumbfounded male "Hey! What are you doing, Raichi!"

"The rules say the top scorer goes through, right? I don't care about the team. I'm doin' this my way" Raichi said with a slight smirk while looking at Isagi "Now you're talking, Raichi." Just like how Raichi stole the ball from Isagi, Kunigami stole the ball from him. "If that's how it works here, I'll make no bones about playing for myself." Kunigami said while looking at the male who glared at him, "Kunigami, I think we're gonna get along just fine."

"What're ya doing?!" "Lemme at it too!" Igaguri and Naruhaya expressed while running towards "Hey! What about our positions?!' Kuon expressed worryingly