Chapter 2

VEGAS

"I'll miss you so much, please take care of yourself." The old lady tells the young guy probably for the umpteenth time now, cupping his face and pulling him into a hug.

Vegas rolls his eyes, physically cringing at the shit show of affection presently being played out infront of his eyes.

More sniffling and sobs follow. Vegas has had enough now, of all things this is definitely not the one he signed up for in his mental list of possible unpleasant events on his visit to home.

On the verge of patience he clears his throat, announcing his presence. The young guy pulls away quickly and turns to face him. Vegas takes a proper look at his features for the first time now.

Cheeks tear stained and tainted slightly red, eyes downcast. He looks pretty young, must be 19-20 according to whatever information his father provided. They're around same height, but the baggy clothes and slim petite body makes him look smaller.

'Pretentious' is the word comes to his mind at first glance. Vegas has already decided to hate him. This kind of guys are loathsome, good at playing victim to gain sympathy. Vegas can very well guess how his father plans to use him to keep tabs on his own son.

Gun's way of parenting is exertion of control, whereas what Vegas craves for is simple attention and care. The discrepancy is too big to be resolved. Not that Vegas has any expectations.

"Khun Vegas" his new servant cum cctv camera bows to him in acknowledgement.

"May we commence our journey my lord?" Vegas's tone is full of sarcasm.

The boy looks panicked. He quickly bows babbling apologies. What an absolute sucker, Vegas scoffs mentally.

With one last look at his grandmother ( Vegas supposes) he proceeds to board the car and does something to successfully snap Vegas's patience.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

The boy stops in his track, one hand holding the door to front passenger seat of the car. He looks intimidated.

"Sho... should I sit in the back?" He asks uncertainly in a small trembling voice.

Vegas can't believe this...is this guy for real?

"Do you take me for your driver?" He asks trying hard not to raise his voice.

He quickly shakes his head denying the allegations. His grandmother standing a bit far away looking warily at their side.

It clicks Vegas then...

"You... don't know how to drive a car?"

"N-No.." he says gulping.

Wow, just wow...what is this pampered princess he's undertaking? Now he's supposed to drive his servant all the way to Bangkok? Maybe this is the end of mighty Vegas Theerapanyakul, who doesn't even make his own coffee.

Taking a deep breath, Vegas tries to calm down. The last thing he wants is his father getting involved. His father clearly instructed Vegas has to take this guy with him and let him stay at his place, as his personal servant. Supposedly he'll also be studying at the same college as him, Vegas has yet to digest the fact.

"Get on. Don't make me repeat myself" he says.

The boy complies quickly, getting into the passenger seat of his brand new sports car, not even his friends have ridden this one.

"Do I have to tie the seat belt for you now?" He asks irritated getting into the driver seat.

The boy quickly shuffles around and finally manages to tie the seat belt. Vegas sighs.

He starts the car. It's suffocating inside. He steps on the accelerator. The boy beside him looks visibly panicked, oh Vegas is enjoying this a little bit now. He smirks.

The highway gets busier after some time and he has to slow down. It's boring, no one's talking and for some reason Vegas isn't keen on sharing his personal playlist to his servant.

The guy doesn't look bored though, his eyes glued to the car window, as if engulfing every passing view.

'Look at his nerve, facing away from me!' Vegas doesn't like it. So he pushes the horn loudly, making him jerk and turn towards him.

'That's more like it' Vegas thinks, pleased.

More time passes, the traffic getting thick as they approach Bangkok. Vegas yawns, he had to get up very early. On a side glance to the passenger seat however his sleep flies out of the window.

The boy is sleeping soundly, his head lolled to Vegas's side, mouth slightly open, drooling a bit.

Vegas is beyond shocked at the 'audacity'!
Does this guy really take him for his driver? Never in his life anyone has disrespected him this way.

So Vegas honks the horn again, making the guy jump up and sit right. Quickly recovering from his trans, he turns to face Vegas and this time actually mumbles apologies. Vegas pretends to ignore him after successfully getting his attention.

But then his stomach grumbles loudly . Probably embarrassed, he tries to cover his stomach with his hands, looking away towards the window now. Vegas can see his cheeks turning pink from the periphery.

"Grrrr..." Again, he physically tries to squeeze his stomach shut.

What an idiot, Vegas finds it amusing. But decides not to say anything just yet.

Instead he pulls over to a rest area a few meters in front. Confused, the boy looks around and finally turns to Vegas, looking expectantly, clearly waiting for instructions.

"I'm gonna use the restroom for a while." Vegas states, then adds, "you can find something to eat in the convenience store there." He points in front.

The boy nods slowly.

"Comeback and wait for me near the car."

He nods again.

Suddenly something clicks Vegas,
"Do you have my number btw?"

He shakes his head now.

"Are you dumb? Use words when I ask questions" Irritation takes over him.

"I don't have your number khun Vegas," he replies quickly then.

Vegas rolls his eyes. Maybe he should just leave him here.

"Give me your phone." He says instead.

The boy is quick to follow. Vegas types his number and hands it over.
"Call me if I'm late," with this he proceeds to get off the car.

"Pete."

"What?" Vegas stops, turns around.

"My name ...Pete" he says lowering his eyes, then as if in a hurry suddenly gets off the car beating Vegas to it.

What a weirdo, Vegas thinks, himself getting off now, watching Pete run towards the store.