Chapter 20

VEGAS

The first thing Vegas notices when he wakes up next day is... he's hard. The bizzare dreams didn't help at all.

Groaning he sits up. Head feels heavy. Vegas tries to think back when was the last time he's had sex but fails to recollect. It's been like this for a while now. He has seemingly lost interest in casual hook ups. He'd never accept it aloud but even that girl he brought home the other day was solely to get some reaction out of Pete he had no intention of actually fucking her. It was a dick move nonetheless.

Among the things Vegas is confident about himself, his sexuality should always come first. Vegas is never one to hold back. He's had his first time when he was fifteen, he ran away from hostel and went to a bar with his friends. It was an older lady, Vegas doesn't remember much. He never does care much about his partners, because to him only his own pleasure matters. And he can swear on his dead mother that he's never once been attracted to the same gender before be it sexually...or more.

So what's happening now, has left Vegas to question himself. He remembers bits and pieces of last night. And even that much is enough to make him hard in his pants. But that's not all... it'd have been much easier if the attraction he's feeling for Pete was purely sexual. He could convince him to sleep with him once and then he'd be done with. But for some twisted fucking reason he doesn't want to take advantage of Pete. He could have forced himself on him yesterday if he wanted to or seduce him to bed, Vegas has done it many times before, it's hard to resist his charm, he knows. But he didn't do it to Pete, and he knows he wouldn't. Not until Pete consents by himself.

But what if he doesn't? What if he doesn't want Vegas as much as Vegas wants him? Pete did push him away last night. Vegas feels bitter. Rejection isn't familiar to him. Vegas doesn't chase after his preys, they're already on their knees for him. But Pete is different, otherwise Vegas wouldn't have been attracted to him in the first place.

Coming downstairs he can't find Pete anywhere. As expected, he must be busy hiding his pretty ass somewhere. Like he always does whenever something inconvenient happens. Vegas knows it very well by now. As if he's not conflicted enough with his own feelings now he has to deal with Pete's little hide and seek games.

Sighing Vegas flops down on the chair.  He has a bad hangover, he should really cut down on alcohol. There's a bowl on the table, covered and with a post it over it.

Vegas picks it up.

Hangover soup. Drink it before you go. —Pete.

Vegas can't help as the corners of his lips turn up. His kitten is still worried about him. This is new too, Vegas never had anyone care for him before. Maybe having a person to call his own isn't that bad.

Vegas finishes the whole soup feeling content.

Then takes out his cell.

V: I heard you're back in Bangkok. Let's meet up and cherish some old memories, I'll find you at your usual place.

He types. Vegas can't believe he texted someone first. Pete is making him do all sort of things, seriously.

PETE

Pete is early to college, well he had nowhere else to go and being in the same space as Vegas after last night isn't an option. Not like he can avoid him forever but Pete needs some time to cool down and control his emotions. Otherwise he'd give away his feelings and the last thing he wants is to give Vegas any more leverage on him than he already has.

P: Hello I'm Pete, if you're available right now can we start with your project? I don't have classes for a while.

Pete sends a text to Ryan. And gets a reply almost immediately.