chapter 19

PETE

Pete comes back a little late that day. He finds Vegas downstairs, drinking alone. Pete frowns, this isn't an usual sight. Vegas doesn't drink at home. Something must have happened.

But he decides it's wise not to disturb him right now and heads towards his own room. He's about to enter when two arms wrap around his waist from behind and a familiar smell engulfs him. Pete forgets to breathe for a moment and stops dead in his track.

Vegas drops his head at the crook of Pete's neck and sighs.

"You're late." He murmurs against the skin, voice a little slurred from drinking.

"I had my shift at part-time." Pete replies, trying to ignore the burn at the point where Vegas's mouth is.

Vegas hums in response, dragging his mouth along the skin of Pete's neck from below upwards.

Pete shudders. Every cell of his body seemingly awake. Vegas comes up to his earlobe and takes the soft flesh between his lips. Pete sucks in a breath. He feels a wet sensation and realises it's Vegas's tongue licking his lobe now. Then suddenly Vegas bites him without a warning.

Pete can't supress the surprised moan that escapes his lips.

"Fuck! You drive me crazy Pete!" Vegas growls against his ears.

"You're drunk..." Pete tries to speak but his voice comes out shaky.

Vegas groans, head coming back to rest at his neck.

Regaining some self control Pete turns around in Vegas's hold. Vegas pulls him flush to his chest, arms tightening around his lower back with no intention of letting go.

Pete sighs, hands coming up to hook at Vegas's shoulders. Vegas starts exploring the front of Pete's neck now. Starting with small peppered kisses which soon turn into licking and sucking. Pete lets him assault his neck. Head falling backwards a little, giving Vegas more access. Pete feels goosebumps erupt throughout his body.

"You're so bad, you make me this way then push me away!" Vegas complains between the kisses.

Pete frowns, not fully understanding.
Isn't it you who's hellbent on ignoring me? He thinks, but it's a distant thought, his brain feels cloudy and his body oversensitive.

"How dare you ask me to leave you alone! Huh!" Vegas growls again," you're mine!" His grip becomes more possessive around Pete's waist even though there's already no space between them. Pete's breath hitches. A shiver runs down his spine at the sheer possessiveness of Vegas's words.

Vegas's movements become more aggressive and purposeful. His lips coming up to Pete's jaw. Then he draws back a little and straightens his head, so now they are standing face to face, only inches apart. Pete can feel Vegas's breath on his face.

It's dangerous, so so dangerous. Pete knows if he allows Vegas's lips will be on his own, any second now.

Vegas brings one hand up to cup a side of Pete's face and stares at him through eyes drunk in alcohol and lust? Pete bites his lips, heat pooling in his belly.

Vegas rests his forehead on Pete's, eyes closing shut. Pete closes his eyes too like a reflex.

They remain like that for a while, just chest moving up and down with breathing. But then Pete pulls back a little, hands pushing Vegas away with light pressure.

Vegas stares back at him. Looking a little under control now.

Pete shakes his head. "No, don't do anything you'd regret tomorrow. I want you to want me when you're sober and sane."

With that he takes another step back. Vegas doesn't make any move just keeps staring at him with a strange expression.

Pete hesitates a bit, then quickly turns  back and walks into his room closing the door behind.

His legs give away and he slumps down on the floor. It was a close call...

Pete's heart is still beating erratically.

He avoids Vegas for the rest of the night. Doesn't even call him for dinner, just prepares the food and puts it in the fridge. If Vegas feels hungry he can come down and get the food himself.

Pete keeps tossing and turning all night, unable to fall asleep. What happened today can't possibly have any other explanation. He's attracted to Vegas. All the longing and shedding tears finally have an answer to him. It's terrifying as thrilling it is...to having fallen for the devil everyone is scared of.

It's probably the most stupid thing Pete could do, he isn't unaware of Vegas's reputation. He's seen it with his own eyes even. Vegas with multiple women. Vegas doesn't have emotions, he doesn't do relationships, once he's done having pleasure he doesn't even remember the names of his bed partners. Pete has seen and heard it all.

Still his stupid heart had to go and fall for the ruthless monster.

For Vegas it was probably just a drunken mistake. He's not even going to remember anything tomorrow when he's sober. Pete will be the only one to remember and suffer, just like his first kiss.

His heart clenches. The corners of his eyes burn a little. Pete swallows away the tears.

This is wrong in so many ways, him and Vegas together. Even if Vegas had some feelings for him, they're never meant to work out. Vegas is very far out of his league. The person he's supposed to serve. They belong in two different worlds.

The leftovers Pete remembers what he was taught on first day of college. This is what he is, even outside college, he's always been. Just like Vegas would always be a Royal no matter what circumstances.

No, Pete can't let his emotions drive him anymore, there's still time, it's not too late. He'll get over it...get over Vegas. What's so good about him anyways, he's just a handsome asshole...not like Pete won't find any other handsome guy in the world. Even if he's not attracted to women, he can find a decent boyfriend.

Suddenly Ryan's face come to his mind. Maybe he could use Ryan as distraction to get over his feelings for Vegas. It's selfish, but Pete needs to save himself first. Tomorrow, he'll see.

With this determination in mind, he falls asleep eventually.