Chapter 21

VEGAS

Once Pete is out, Vegas turns to Ryan again.

"So what's up?" Ryan asks, "you texted me first, must be something."

"Oh you saw it? I thought your battery died because I never got a reply." Vegas sneers.

Ryan laughs out loud. Vegas rolls his eyes.

"So touchy." Ryan takes out a cigarette and offers Vegas, lighting one for himself too.

"I quit, recently." Vegas refuses. Ryan rises his eyebrows at that.

"You came determined to attack me with surprises today. What's with you, it's starting to freak me out." He says dramatically.

Vegas just huffs in response.

"Anyways, let me make it clear, Pete is off limits, so don't try anything nasty and back off peacefully." He warns again.

"And why should I do as you say?" Ryan speaks casually letting out a puff of smoke.

"Try me." Vegas grits his teeth.

"Woha, so scary!" Ryan acts scared.

"I'm serious Ryan, don't mess with Pete."

"Who said I'm messing," Ryan shrugs, "I'm actually interested in him, and unless you give me a good reason I don't see why I shouldn't pursue him."

Vegas purses his lips at that, unable to come up with a good enough reason.

"Why was he shirtless? Did you force him?" He asks instead.

"You really think very lowly of me. I'm not that much of an asshole."

"Oh give that bullshit to someone else, I've known you for the last twelve years." Vegas spits, bittersweet memories of boarding days flashing back to him.

"And? That's what you concluded?"

"Let's not talk about the past." Vegas ends the topic.

"Hmm...but you didn't answer me yet. Why should I stay away from Pete?" Ryan asks again.

Vegas runs a hand through his hair, "Because he's mine! Is that good enough?"

"Nope, as far as I know Pete isn't claimed by any Royal yet. And even if he was, you know very well that's not what I want from him." Ryan smirks.

"That's not what I meant either." Vegas returns, unable to hold back.

Ryan gives him a perplexed look. Vegas turns away from him, talking about this openly feels weird.

"Is that what I think it is?" Ryan speaks slowly, "the marks on his neck..."

Vegas faces him again, "yeah, they're mine." He can't hide the hint of pride in his voice.

Ryan blinks at him a few times, then bursts out laughing.

"God Vegas! So much for being a cis hetero man." He mocks, "but really? You...into a guy? No wonder you're acting all weird."

Vegas sighs, "yeah laugh all you want, I'm surprised myself."

"It's okay, I was surprised too when I found out about myself." Ryan relates.

"You mean after giving blowjob to an old fucker in a dirty washroom?" Vegas scoffs.

"You are one to talk, didn't you fuck a lady twice your age on the same day?" Ryan narrows his eyes.

Vegas shrugs.

"I should go now, Pete's waiting." He says and turns to leave.

"I don't think you've claimed him completely yet, so there's still hope for me, I'm not giving up. And I'm clearly more experienced than you in this field, guess who Pete's gonna choose?" Ryan's voice is heard from behind.