Chapter 1

Emily's POV:

"1, 2, 3," I whispered, watching the clock.

Three more minutes until he wakes up; my hands shake as I try to calm my breathing.

Glancing back at the table, I placed the food on it and took two steps back, stealing another glance at the clock.

Heading towards my bedroom, I walked slowly, my body still burning from the beating I received the other night, all because I forgot to clean Sir's shoes before he left for work.

Shaking my head, I opened my room door slowly, ensuring it was locked twice before heading to the bathroom. "All done, just stay in your room until he leaves," I whispered before looking at myself in the mirror.

My long black hair looked dishevelled, my full lips stained with a little blood, both eyes red from crying the day before, and my body bearing the scars of past beatings.

I despised my body because my dad said I was fat and ugly, even though I'm just 13 and know I'm not fat.

Taking a deep breath, I turned on the shower, bracing for the pain.

"Ouch," I whispered, holding back screams as the cold water hit my scars. Tears flowed slowly as I endured the pain, questioning why I deserved all this.

Exiting the shower, I took deep breaths, cleaning my body before dressing in a black hoodie and shorts.

"Only beautiful children get good things; Emily is nothing but a bad and useless little girl," were my father's constant words.

Shaking off his words, I approached my door, turning the handle slowly and listening for any sounds before cautiously walking towards the living room. Relief washed over me when I realized he was gone, but confusion set in as I found the untouched food on the table.

Sitting down, I opened the food, surprised he hadn't touched it. With that, I ate slowly, not wanting it to go to waste. Afterwards, I washed the plates and headed back to my room, deciding to get some sleep before his return. Who knows how angry he'll be this time?

Vote pls 💕
Under editing ✨