Chapter 38

EMILY'S POV:

Locked in the room for two days, deprived of food but given only water, I sat on the bed, patiently waiting for my brothers to rescue me. Today brought a mix of good and bad feelings, yet I decided to be myself and seek solace in sleep.

As I lay down and closed my eyes, the door creaked open slowly. A large man with striking blue eyes and white hair entered. Despite the circumstances, I couldn't help but notice his beauty, entertaining a whimsical thought about him being my future husband.

Suppressing a giggle, I gave him a serious look, making him raise an eyebrow. "Hello, little one," he greeted, walking towards me. I responded with a small wave, sitting up straight.

He began explaining why I was there. Kelsey had gotten into trouble with his dad for stealing drugs and money. To cover his mistakes, he traded me to the man's father, falsely claiming that I was disliked and a problem in the house.

"So, you're saying my brother stole me to cover his mistakes?" I whispered, my heart breaking slowly. He nodded, looking at me with pity.

I turned away, letting out a dry laugh. The truth hurt. "First Adam, now my brother," I said softly as tears rolled down.

The man sighed, revealing that he had spoken to his father to release me, acknowledging that I had nothing to do with their criminal activities. He instructed me to inform my other brothers that they needed to repay the money by the end of the week.

Expressing gratitude, I stood up. He covered my eyes with a cloth and, holding my arms, guided me cautiously to ensure I wouldn't get hurt. Amidst it all, the lingering question persisted: Why would Kelsey do this to me?

VOTE PLS ♥️