chapter 10

Emily's POV:

When we arrived home from our ice cream party, the boys went straight to their rooms, saying they all had a busy day tomorrow. And Tony is going to school, meaning I'm either going to be alone or one of the boys will stay with me.

"Emily, come here, please," I heard Chris call out to me from the living room. Waving at my twin, I walked towards the living room. My eyes met Chris and Xander's eyes before looking away.

"So tomorrow, as you know, is our working day, and not all of us will be at home. You will start school next week with your brother, but in the meantime, I want you to get used to the house and everyone. Is that okay?" Chris said and asked softly.

I gave him a nod before looking at Xender, who had no smile on his lips.

"Do you always look grumpy?" I asked him quietly.

He raised a brow at me before looking at Chris, who shrugged his shoulders before walking away, leaving both of us together.

"I don't see the need to smile," Xender stated while looking at me.

I tilted my head to the side before saying, "Everyone needs to smile, Xender. Even if times are hard, just smile," I said softly to him.

He just let out a breath, then stood up from the chair. "Just go to sleep, Emily."

These were his only words to me, and with that, he walked away, leaving me sad and bothered.

Maybe it's because our parents died, that's why he feels this way.

I thought before looking at the floor.

"If only Mom didn't want to get you anything, they wouldn't have died, Emily. It's all your fault."

The voice in my head yelled at me, making me feel helpless.

Since the boys told me the story of how our parents died, I have been having nightmares.

But in these nightmares, Adam is the voice in my head.

He makes sure he reminds me every time that it was my fault and no one else.

Feeling pains in my heart, I let out a breath before walking towards my room.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better than this.

Vote pls 💕
Under editing ✨