Chapter 39

EMILY'S POV:

Kelvin, the blue-eyed man, dropped me at my gate. As his car drove away, I took a deep breath. The desire to head to Emma's house and cry overwhelmed me – everything hurt, and I felt like I didn't belong here.

Kelsey's actions replayed in my mind. Although Kelvin mentioned he was drunk, I couldn't shake the feeling that even if Kelsey were sober, he might still do something like this. Playing with my fingers, I walked toward the gate and touched the fingerprint device, opening it slowly.

To my surprise, I saw cars parked and men bustling around. Hoping to spot any of my brothers, I looked closely, tears rolling down my eyes. The paper Kelvin gave me was clutched in my fingers.

As I entered my home, the voices around me hushed. I could sense the stares of the men. In the distance, someone called my brother's name, announcing my return. I looked up, tears in my eyes, and saw Austin running towards me with the others trailing behind.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly, unwilling to let go. The others were talking, and Xender was giving orders to the people around. Austin gently pulled away, leading me towards the house.

My eyes wandered, landing on the person I least wanted to see at the moment. Without hesitation, I freed myself from Austin's arms and walked towards Kelsey, the others shouting my name.

I slapped him hard. The sound echoed, silencing the surroundings. I didn't care about the stunned onlookers. "I hate you, Kelsey! I hate you so much! Why, huh? Why would you do this to me?" I yelled, throwing my arms at him.

"To think you cared. I took myself in for you all, only to find out you sold me off for your stupid mistake," I declared, laughter escaping me. I must have seemed like a person who just came out of a mental hospital.

With that, I walked away, handing the paper to Xender before stating, "We need to deposit money into this account, and then the bad guys will leave us alone. Xender, I think it's best I go to boarding school, please. I need time to think, and I don't need my brothers disturbing it."

Having said that, I headed towards my room. Perhaps a good night's sleep was what I needed now, right?

VOTE PLS ♥️

HOW DO YOU GUYS LOVE THE BOOK, STILL WANT MORE CHAPTERS.

COMMENTS DOWN BELOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS CHAPTER PLS.