chapter 27

Emily's POV:

When classes were over, I made my way towards the door, my mind clouded up with things I learned today in school. I would hear voices around me, but I paid no attention to them. Many people glared at me today like I had a monkey on my head or something.

My brothers' team and friends tried talking to me, but again I didn't answer them. I just didn't feel like talking to anyone, but they acted like I was about to die or something.

Rolling my eyes, I raised my head to see more students walking around, smiling, and talking to one another, making me feel sad. I wanted friends of my own, not just my brother's friends. I mean, they aren't bad, but a girl needs another girlfriend in her life.

I don't want my life to be about boys only, but I also don't want a friend who will backstab me or only be friends with me because of my brothers. Letting out a breath, I looked back at my phone, noticing the text messages I got from my brothers.

When I was finally out of the school building, I let out a breath before walking towards the tree next to the car park. My eyes moved around the area, and then I noticed a girl sitting by herself. Her head was on her knees, and she looked like she was crying.

"Huh, maybe she doesn't have friends too," I said to myself before walking towards her slowly. When I was finally close to her, I sat down on the grass slowly not to scare her.

She lifted her head before looking at me.

I was about to speak when I saw her big brown eyes and red nose. She looked like she had been crying for a while now. Before I noticed her, she stared at me for a second before smiling then looked away.

I tilted my head to the side, confused about why she didn't reply before tapping her shoulders. "I'm Emily, what's yours?" I asked softly before looking around the area.

She looked around her before grabbing her bag.

Then she brought out a piece of paper and a pen. My eyebrows furrowed at her movement, but later they went wide open when I saw what she wrote down.

"My name is Emma, and I can't talk. I'm sorry," was written on the paper. I was about to cry when I read it before looking at her.

She was looking at me with a pained look. Maybe she thought I was feeling sad or something for her, but all I did was smile before saying.

"Would you like to be friends with me?" I asked. Her eyes looked like they were about to pop out. She quickly grabbed her pen and paper, then wrote down, "Yes, I'd love that."

I smiled before getting up from the grass. She looked at me confusedly before following me up.

"Come on, let's go somewhere else," I said softly before grabbing her hands in mine. I can't wait to tell the others about today.
                        Vote pls
                    Under editing