chapter 16

Emily's POV:

We walked for what felt like hours until one of the boys let out a loud sigh.

"Are you lost or something? This is not the way to your house," the first boy said.

But I ignored him and kept walking.

"I didn't say you guys should follow me, though, did I?" I questioned softly, then got a group of "no."

"We just wanted to make sure you were okay," another boy said, making me pause. Raising an eyebrow, I tilted my head to the side before saying, "You just followed a stranger without asking questions."

But they all stayed quiet, not saying anything.

"Well, thank you for walking with me, but I'm not heading home anytime soon, so you guys can leave," I said, waving my hand at them.

"Come to ours then; we all live alone. You could stay a night; we just want to make sure you are safe," another boy said, looking older than the others.

"Okay, I guess so. I'm Emily, by the way, and who are you guys?" I said softly before looking at them.

A boy with blonde hair stepped forward before smiling softly at me. "I'm Isaac, and these are my brothers, that's Kelly, Nike, and Angelo," he said as he pointed to each of the boys.

I said a little "hey" before playing with my fingers.

"Where are you from, little one, and why outside by this time?" Nike asked, his head tilted to the side.

I let out a breath before looking around the place. "You see, I had a little issue with my brothers, and I just left the house without thinking," I said softly.

"Ah, been there," Kelly mumbled before laughing as if he said a joke, making the others sigh before saying, "Do you have to be stupid sometimes?" Isaac said, making me giggle softly.

The boys looked at me before smiling, making me feel shy.

"Alright, it's about to rain; let's go to our place and get some food," Isaac said, getting replies from everyone. With that, we all walked away.

I looked at the last boy who hadn't said anything but looked away when I noticed him staring at me with a confused look.

"You look familiar; do you have a twin brother?" Angelo asked.

I looked away before nodding my head slowly.

"No way, guys, I think she's Tony's sister, the one he told us today about at school," he said loudly, making the others look at me.

"Fuck, I knew she looked familiar, but damn I didn't expect that," Kelly mumbled.

And here I was happy that I finally escaped from my brothers.

Vote pls 💕
Under editing ✨