chapter 15

Emily's POV:

So I ran, like actually ran from my house. I don't know how I did it, but I did. After hearing what Kelsey said and seeing the boys' faces, I knew I was not wanted in that house, so I did the normal thing all teenagers my age would do.

My heart felt heavy with each step I took, my vision was bad because I was running and crying. I honestly look like a crazy person right now.

Letting out a breath, I stopped at a garden. I don't know how I got to the garden, but eh, it looks really pretty. I set my bag down and then looked at the sky; it was already noon, and I could hear the owls and animal sounds around. It was really cold, and I didn't carry a hoodie.

I looked at the flowers around the garden before smiling softly. But the smile went away when I remembered the words Kelsey said to me. I was feeling many emotions, and this was not because of my period; it was actual pain. I didn't want to cry because I was tired of doing that. Adam always told me how weak I was; I wished I could fight back all those times. I wished I had the voice to talk back at him, but I couldn't.

I looked around the garden and then back at the sky. It looked like it was about to rain, and I didn't want to get wet and fall sick, so I stood up and walked, looking for a place to sleep. Lord knows I'm not planning on heading to the house anytime soon.

My heart stopped when I saw a figure walking towards me from a distance. I closed my eyes and counted to three before running. I didn't know why I was running. I mean, it could just be a stranger minding his or her own business. But I have watched too many horror movies at this age, so I know when some stupid things are about to happen.

I felt like fainting when I heard the footsteps coming towards me, like the person was also running, trying to get to me.

"No no no," I whispered in fear. I looked around the corner, hoping to see a house close by or a car passing by. I thanked the lord when I was four boys' feet away from me. I ran faster before stopping by their side, making them pause and look at me with confused faces.

"I'm sorry, but someone is following me. Can I stay here, please?" I begged, feeling myself running out of breath.

The one at the left looked at his friends before looking behind me, then turned towards me with a raised brow.

"There's no one behind you, little one," he said softly.

I gave him a confused look before looking back, and to my surprise, there was no one really behind me.

"Oh," I said softly before smiling.

"I guess I have a stupid imagination then," I stated before clapping my hands softly.

"Well off I go, nice to meet you guys," I said before turning around, ready to walk away.

"What if the person comes back, huh? We won't be here next time," I heard a voice say with a chuckle.

"Don't worry, I'll beat them off this time," I stated before waving at them.

I heard someone whisper "tf" and then heard footsteps coming towards me slowly.

I smiled softly when I noticed they were walking from a distance so I wouldn't notice.

Vote pls 💕
Under editing ✨