Chapter 26

Emily's POV:

The next morning, I woke up with my brother screaming in my ears, and I retaliated by slapping him hard on his face.

"What was that for, Emily?" Austin asked, his eyes popping out.

But I just acted like I didn't do anything.

"Huh, I thought you were a mosquito, bro," I said, then rubbed my eyes, trying to shake off the sleep.

Austin glared at me while I smiled like nothing happened before skipping into my bathroom. I washed my thick black hair before looking in the mirror.

"Getting too long," I muttered to myself before grabbing the scissors and trimming my hair to the same length.

When I was done, I grabbed my toothbrush and started my morning routine. I wore a black hoodie and shorts and grabbed my bag and phone – didn't feel like dressing up today, and I didn't feel like talking to anyone.

Maybe I'm having stupid mood swings again. Oh well, I'll just have to stay away from everyone then.

I thought before walking away, picking up my black cap on the way to the door. I could see the others looking at each other, but no one came close to me.

I opened the car door and got in slowly, plugged in my iPod, and looked forward. My eyes closed softly while I tilted my head to the side.

A few seconds later, I felt the car vibrate. Opening my eyes again, I noticed my two brothers' heads.

The drive was quiet. I could feel the cool silence in the car. Eren kept glaring at me from the mirror but made no move to question me.

Just the way I liked it.

A few minutes later, the car stopped, and I opened my eyes again. We were finally at school.

Letting out a soft breath, I whispered a quiet goodbye to Eren before getting out.

I pulled up my hoodie and cap and walked towards the school.

I could feel people looking at me, but I walked away, praying this day would end soon.

                      VOTE ❤️