Chapter 2

Emily's POV:

The next day, Dad repeated the same routine, leaving the house eerily quiet, as if I were the only one in it.

Taking a breath, I walked downstairs for some water. It was 8:29 pm, and sleep eluded me; not that I minded-I had a sleeping disorder, but sleep wasn't a friend anyway.

In the kitchen, I approached the refrigerator, filling a glass with water and bringing it to my lips.

My eyes scanned the dark, silent room before glancing out the window.

My breath caught when I saw a figure outside, head tilted as if directly looking at me. Slowly dropping the cup, I locked eyes with the mysterious figure, who followed when I took a step.

Heart racing, I sprinted to my room, wanting to cry out as the kitchen door slammed open, footsteps approaching.

"God, please, I don't want to die," I prayed silently, locking my door and stepping back, my gaze fixed on it. I knew no one; Father never allowed me outside, so I had no idea if we lived close to anyone.

"Please, God," I continued praying as tears flowed. I didn't want to die like this; I dreamed of escaping, going to school, and having real friends.

Why was this happening to me? My thoughts were interrupted by more voices.

"Did you see the girl?" the first voice asked, getting a response from another.

"Yeah, she's in the room. I think I scared her a little," the second voice explained.

"You can't get anything right, you deep shit," another voice criticized.

Surprised, I wondered if they were talking to each other.

Walking toward the bathroom, I tried not to make noise, but my door flew open with a bang the moment I entered, prompting me to close and lock it.

"Please leave me alone," I whispered as their footsteps neared.

"I'll be good, I promise. Just please leave me alone," I begged softly.

"We're not going to hurt you, Princess," one reassured.

"We just want to help you. We promise; we're the good guys here. We ain't bad," another insisted.

"I have a father. He's going to come soon and get angry, so please leave before he hurts you guys," I pleaded.

Laughter followed before another voice said, "Princess, that man is not your father, and he's dead."

My heart sank. "Dead," I whispered as tears rolled down my eyes.

"Did you fucking have to say that part, Kelsey? Wait till we get home. I'm telling Xender," another voice scolded.

"Look, baby girl-"

"My name is Emily, not baby girl," I softly corrected.

"Oh, sorry. Look, Emily, we promised we would be nice and wouldn't hurt you at all. You just need to come out, and we will explain all this to you, okay?" the person said gently.

"Okay," I said slowly, stepping closer to the door. "You promise you won't hurt me?"

Three affirmatives followed. With that, I cautiously opened my door, revealing three green pairs of eyes that were oddly beautiful. I examined the three men, who seemed on the verge of tears.

"Hello, I'm Emily," I whispered before looking down and then back at them.

Vote pls 💕
Under editing ✨