2 || Capture

My box was now in my new office, sitting unpacked on the rather large wooden desk that sat in front of a lush office chair.

However, I, was not with my box of belongings instead I stood in an office with Gaz and Price.

Price was smoking a cigar, holding it between his thumb and index while he exhaled.

The window he had opened didn't do much and I choked back the urge to cough, leaving a slight itch in my throat that made me squirm.

I bit my cheek, glancing about. Price sat at the desk, a large dark oak desk with an array of things spread about. File cabinets and shelves lined the walls.

He office was spacious and had a nice view of everything.

He cleared his throat, tapping the cigar against the ashtray before leaving it to rest against it.

"Miss Fuehrer" He said, sitting up. "Did i get that right?"

"Uh- kinda like few" I wasn't a big fan of my last name but it was regulation to use your biological name for the army. I just preferred using my mother's last name.

"Few er?"

"No no - uh, it's like your but with fh infront and no y"

"Fhour"

"Mm and then her - like rer"

"Fuehrer?" He said once more, slightly off but close enough.

"Use that voice thingie-" Gaz said

"-oh yeah yeah that" Price nodded, turning to his computer as he typed.

A few seconds of silence passed before the robotic lady spoke. 'Fuehrer'

"Fuehrer" Price and Gaz recited.

Price clicked once more 'fuehrer'

"Fuehrer" they nodded.

I sat there, my eyes bouncing between them both as they listened to the computer pronounce my name a couple more times and repeating it.

The name was German, people had always struggled to pronounce it. 'Füehrer' said like 'Fhur-rer'

"Alright Fuehrer" Price said clasping his hands and raising a brow as he Pronounced my name correctly.

"I'm sure your curious as to why your here" he said, leaning back with a slight creek of his chair. I nodded, shifting my weight from one leg to another.

"We're adding you as a new addition to taskforce141"

I physically felt myself pull from reality at his sentence. Me? TF141. An elite force that Price Captains, the members being skilled fighters and he wanted me in the mix?

"Why?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Well, I've been looking for a new addition with a specific set of skills we lost a solider awhile back, callsign Roach."

I nodded; I'd heard about that. It was a good while back.

"Even though additions have been added to the team we haven't had someone with the same skills as Roach and we've come to realize we're going to need someone who can inherit Roaches position."

I was to replace a taskforce141 member? Or as he said, inherit. Take over a position in the sense of living up to expectations of a former troop.

"Sir ... you do know what rank I come from right?" I asked, not meaning to question his decision but rather alert him as to where I came from.