11 || Goodgirls

"Could you uh ... get the door?" I ask Soap. He steps forwards with a grunt.

I'm holding my patient property bag in the same arm that I hold Ingrid in. Hugo holds my hand and I do my best to ignore the pain for him.

I nod at the bag I hold and watch as Soap digs through it before coming out with my apartment keys. "The red one" I say with a nod.

He singles it out and jams it into the lock. Twisting it until we hear the click. He presses down on the door handle and swings the door open.

I walked in with Ingrid and Hugo. Sitting them on the sofa first before looking around. Soap stands in the door, and I gesture him in.

He didn't want to be here i know, but since I was released from the medbay and Price heard my sibling situation he'd put Soap on duty to watch over.

Alejandro had promised to stop by later on and bring anything he could think of to help. I'd thanked him and visited Oryx quickly so Ingrid and Hu could catch up with him.

Oryx was more than surprised and happy to see them. He'd been home with me many times before when he couldn't go to his. I felt bad leaving him at base for holidays and was more than happy to have him come home with me.

He couldn't get time off and apologized profusely. I'd assured him it was okay and that I'd have other help. Soap however was not being any help.

He was in a bad mood because we'd used his car to get here. I told him I wasn't taking the motorcycle with them. I'd carried everything up to the 4th floor where my apartment was while he'd followed.

It was a little cold in my apartment so I turned the heatpump on. It was around 5pm and I'd just reached my apartment. I went around turning the lights on and trying to make the place seem more homely.

It was nothing fancy and I shared the floor with my neighbor. The place was modern but was solely for a single person. The kitchen connected with the living room and the bedroom was behind the living room.

It wasn't another room but instead was an open space with the kitchen and lounge. The only difference was it was on a different level, a section that was a few inches higher and had two steps.

The bathroom was the only actual room in the house. The interior was mostly white. Countertops and cupboards. The floor was a dark grey carpet apart from the kitchen which was black tiles. 

It was rather empty. I had my desk in the living room area and my snakes enclosure in the bedroom section. I didn't have a wardrobe so my clothes hung on one of the free standing closets.

I had few cushions on the couch. Books on the coffee table and office supplies on my desk. The tv cabinet had a stero system underneath and was stacked with CDS and tapes.

The place didn't have a lot of storage honestly so I had to make do. Not that I minded, all I did was eat, sleep and watch TV here. It wasn't much but it didn't need to be.

I shut the door since Soap had left it wide open. Excusing myself to the bathroom. I change quickly into some lose pants and a oversized hoodie to keep me warm and give my stab air. I exit and come to stand by Soap, Ingrid and Hugo on the couch.

I give soap a swift smack over the head before I can fully think it through and reach over snatching the remote from him. "South Park you idiot, really!?" I growl.

He rubs his head and turns to glare at me. "I didn't exactly want to watch talking animals preform musicals"

"Well deal with it" I mutter sternly as i flick the channel over.