13 || Cheeese

"Thank you, good lad" I say, nodding my head as I try my best at sounding British.

I regret it instantly. Nodding slowly like I need time to accept what I've just done. He stares at me, it's no glare but instead a disappointed look a parent would give to their kid.

"Yeah I know" I say ashamed as I hop off the table I was sitting on. He makes an amused hum and steps back for me to get off.

My cut has been cleaned and the bandaid replaced. Ghost cleaned it for me. Soap had come inside and was now playing pool with Price. Alejandro sat drinking and spectating while Keegan tried to flirt with a waiter.

I excused myself outside to grab my sweater but got distracted by the almonds. I sat down with the bowl, munching away. As the waiter came out to clear our table I stood up, trying to help her gather the dishes up.

I was a little unsteady but I did a good job. She'd said that i was so good that I should sit down or otherwise the boss will see me and give her job to me.

That good.

I didn't want to take the girls job so I sat back down, watching her until she left. I throw an almond up and tilt my head back catching it in my mouth proudly and looking back down.

I jump, I know I do. My whole body feels like I've pressed the gas and break at the same time in a car.

As I'd looked down Ghost stood there. "Holy fucking shit" I mutter, having recovered from almost choking on the almond.

He doesn't say anything and instead sits my jumper down on my lap. "Ah thanks" I say.

"Put it on" He says.

I take the jumper and unzip it putting my arms through. It's alot warmer now, I hadn't realized I was that cold. I didn't zip it up. Everytime I sat down with a zip up hoodie it looked like i have a hard on in my stomach.

"Almond?" I offer holding the bowl out to him. He declines and I shrug. I think he'd leave now but instead he stands in front of me with his arms folded.

He sits down beside me silently and usually I'd feel the need to fill the silence with some nonsense talking but instead I feel at a comfortable peace. I don't mind his presence even if he minds mine.

A couple minutes have passed when Soap comes out. I see him step onto the pavement tiled floor in the rectangle of light from inside. He's got two shots in his hand and he spots me and Ghost.

He comes over, walking relatively well for someone so drunk. I'm sure I'd counted atleast another 5 drinks being drunken by him. "Ghost?" He holds out the shot.

"Johnny boy" He says with a gruff grunt "your gonna be' feelin it tomorrow" Ghost says rejecting the shot.

He holds it to me and I take it without hesitation. I guess I was more interested in the tiny cup than the drink itself. "You'll do it with me Dex, eh?" He smiles.

I nod "course". On the countdown of three we both tip our heads back. It burns my throat on contact and I hold back a cough as I shake my head.

Soap however does a small and enthused 'woo' before making his way back inside. I stand up, following him. "Can I have your cup?" I ask. He hands it to me with a shrug.

I sit back down and shove my sleeve in the cup, cleaning it out. I put a single almond in each and hold it to Ghost.

"Shot?" I ask in my best bartender voice. Although I'm not sure how one speaks because there's really no such thing as a bartender voice so I sound somewhere between French and angry.