42 || Flowers

"What are you doing Dex?" Ghost says. I squint despite the sunglasses I wear.

"Lying on the grass" I say with a smile.

"I can see that but why" he says looking down at me.

"The weather's nice and so are the flowers" I say closing my eyes once again. He grunts in reply. "Are you going to join me?" I ask propping myself up on my elbows.

"No" He huffs.

"I'd like some company" I say with sorrow filled brows.

"It's not going to be me." he mumbles.

I sit up fully now, holding my hand over my eyes as I look up. "You could use some sun."

"You could use smack" He mutters.

"I could also use some company" I smile.

"I'm sure you can survive 5 minutes without talking to someone about nonsense" he says staring down at me.

"It's been two and I'm on the very edge of death" I say dramatically.

He shakes his head, looking around the empty courtyard. "That's enough social interaction for me today" He shrugs.

"I'm thinking about grabbing your leg" I say vocally my eyes set on his leg.

"Don't-" he starts.

I reach forwards, holding onto his pants with a hand. "Let go" he said shaking me off easily.

"Do you have a meeting?" I ask looking back up.

"No, just got back from patrol so I'm done" He mumbles.

I pat the grass beside me with a grin. He shakes his head. "I thought oryx was with you" he says looking around.

"He was, but he had training to do."

"That's too bad, eh" he says with a shrug.

"We can lie down in the shade if that's better for you" I offer.

"Why don't I go get soap?" He says in reasoning.

"He got chased off by a bee there's no point" I huff. "I'll be quieeeet" I say in plead.

"You're really annoying sometimes" he says with a grunt.

"Yes, but I won't be if you lie dooown, or I'll follow you around talking away."

"How do you breathe with all that talking" He sighs kneeling down. I shuffle over excitedly for him. Lying back down as he lays down beside me with an annoyed huff.

He lays with his hands behind his head, and I turn to look at him. "Stop looking at me" He growls.

"But I'm happy that you joined me" I frown.

"You said you'd be quiet." he sighed.

"Right" I nodded turning back to the sky. I gently picked at the grass in silence. I take a look at him every so often, making a pile of grass on my stomach.

..."Fine you can talk" He mutters.

"-are you excited for break?" I ask almost cutting him off.

"Sure" He shrugs.

"I am, very" I say turning onto my side.

"I can tell" Ghost grunts.

"You're staying here aren't you?" I asked thinking back to what he'd told me previously.

"Mm" He hummed tipping his head back in a nod.

"Your family travel or just can't go?" I ask, trying to dig deeper.