35 || i trust you

A strangled scream is pulled from my throat as I fall. My eyes widened as my body turns from the push.

Ghost is in the tree, an arm around a branch as he grabs my outstretched hand a moment into my decent.

My body jolts violently from the sudden halt and I wince as my arm pulls. Ghosts rough hand grasping my wrist as I let out a sudden cry of fear finally finding my voice.

He pushed me, I felt it. My body is overstimulated with adrenaline, and I find myself shaking like a leaf as I sway in the air. Fear courses through my veins and I want more than anything than to be on the ground.

The team was quick to be underneath me in case Ghost is to drop me and they don't look happy but it's not in my focus right now, not while a dangle above a deathly high height.

My brain is pumping blood through my arteries at the convincing near death. My heart pounds in my chest and I'm afraid more than confused, it like I can hear and feel the racing and irregular pattern of my heartrate within my system.

I look up at Ghost as he holds on to me. I'm angry and confused but my body squirms for safety and I find myself pulling up my bodyweight and grabbing his forearm with my freehand.

He holds the branch with his other. His footing in strategic placement to anchor himself for security. I wrap my whole arm around his, clinging on.

I can feel the tears on my cheeks as I grip him so hard, I see him wince while he pulls me up. I feel a subtle anger towards him, but my body is in survival mode.

As soon as I can reach him, I grab him, my body still shaking like a leaf as I force myself around him. My arms wrapping around him like a child clinging to their parent.

I can't even talk; I can barely breath and I hate that I'm holding on to him because in the moment I want to punch him for scaring me.

He's swift getting down from the tree, but I barely pay attention. Closing my eyes and trying not to think of the height.

I feel him jump and land on the ground and I let him go. His arm hesitating to let me go for a second longer. I move away from him towards the team. "Dex, hey, you, okay?" Soap asks.

"What do you think" Keegan says back sounding unintentionally annoyed. It's not directed at Soap and it's not hard to figure out who his agitation is pointed towards.

I give him a nod, wiping at my eyes as I gently push past them and head towards the safehouse, my limbs still shaking from the fright.

I hurriedly head towards the bedroom, steadying my breathing. I sit down on my bed appreciating the familiar feeling. Soap is quick to follow me in and I offer him an uncertain smile well aware of the tears in my eyes.

He gives me a sympathetic smile as he stops before, kneeling down. He passes me some tissues and I take them with a muttered thanks.

"Did you fall or was that, Ghost?" He asks slowly.

"I felt him push me" I mumble, wiping my eyes.

He hummed softly in thought. "I'm sorry Dex" he says as I lower my head.

"It wasn't you Soap" I say reassuringly.

"I still am" He shrugs, shifting slightly. "It was an ass move but if it makes you feel any better, you're not the first one he's done that to."

He catches my attention and I look up intrigued. "I'm not?" I ask, he shakes his head.

"He's done it to us all, not exactly by tree, but ... random times, random places we've all been pushed and caught" He explains.