7 || Home

Adrenaline added to my senses and skills. Pumping my veins full and pushing the blood.

A knife in their grip, held firmly. I was rolling down the hill at uncanny speed, hitting rocks and pushing off ledges that rigged the mountain slope.

Yet my hands didn't let go even though my brain screamed too. I kept them tumbling with me, through Bush, through weeds, over ragged stone and hitting roots and trees.

I could barely make out what direction I was facing. Up was down, down was horizontal and horizontal was vertical.

I held them firmly, not wanting to tumble alone for the most part. Despite an unknown killer in my grasp.

We hit a tree and a snapping pain raced through my body. A loud crack echoing as I screamed out in pain.

The impact sent us hurling, rolling headfirst down the hill. I heard them, could smell them, God they fucking needed a shower.

A toothbrush too. I gripped the fabric on their shirt as we came to a sudden halt. Dragging through the mud, I was flung through the air over their head as I held them.

Landing on my back with an immeasurable pain. A gave a winded cough, the air jolted from my lungs as my fingers refused to let go.

My muscles locked as I pulled them with me and my landing. Sending them back over me as they reached the edge of the slop.

The built momentum of our falling made them light, guiding them over me with enough force to slam them against the ground ahead of me.

The made an animal like noise, a pained screech as they rolled across.

I heard them but I lay there. Air. I needed air. I gave a hard hit to my chest, inhaling in a rasped gasp.

My arm pumping endlessly with torturous pain that brought tears to my eyes.

I wanted to run away, run far away. Run all the way home and climb into bed with my parents. I didn't care that I was a grown adult.

I wanted my family. This team was nothing but cold and despite prices attempts at welcoming me he couldn't force them.

I wobbled; my knees weak as I dragged myself up. The world still spinning as I heard shouting behind me. My eyes focused on the lump ahead of me.

We'd rolled all the way to a road that twisted around the hill. They lay coughing on their stomach, trying to get themselves up.

I see the gleam of the blade in their hand and my legs were moving. My brain telling me to stop but I couldn't. I leapt on top of then, trying to force the knife from them. They rolled, knocking me off.

I squirmed in pain; my arm hitting the road and being crushed under my weight. I cried out, gasping as I grabbed my shoulder. I wiggled, forcing myself up without the help of my arms.

Pushed down almost immediately by a scrawny being. So boney i could feel their joints on top of me. I screamed; I didn't care.

I was human and I was afraid. Adrenaline dumped an ocean into my system, and I actively growled, worming myself about violently.

They brought the knife down on my thigh and my squirming made it an almost miss, instead it grazed the side on an awkward angle.

Another scream, a longer scream. A raw inhale as I choked back air.

Still, I closed my fingers around the knife. I tugged, trying with my life to take it. The rush of Adrenaline kicked the pain from my body.

I couldn't feel it, my arteries drowning in a rush. I felt every vein pulsating and it felt disgusting. My arm throbbing in hellish pain.