XXI

Havalli Maria JeanEnduranceAtlanta, Georgia

Havalli Maria Jean
Endurance
Atlanta, Georgia

Havalli Maria JeanEnduranceAtlanta, Georgia

"Valli been getting that munyunn." My mom recorded me as I sat on her bed, I had just left work and Kiari was on tour so I went to her house.

"Been working hardd, for them fundyuns." She continued making me straight face her.

I was crying because I couldn't get my nose ring back in and she was playing.

"Did natalie nunn get her chin fixed?" She questioned making me frown, I was already irritated and she was making it so much worse.

"I don't know— Mama.. Please." I sighed cause my vision was starting to get blurry.

"This man was talking to me today and he said "yea cause I hadda go put my black forces on to make my daughter birthday happen." What that mean?" She frowned making me laugh a little.

No matter how much I tried to downplay it my mama was funny as hell.

"What it mean, Valli?" She repeated since I was ignoring her, it wasn't even intentional I was tryna make sure I was about to push this piercing through the right hole.

"It mean he went to go steal." I spoke up.

"What black forces gotta do with that?" She frowned.

"Ou shit." I scrunched my face up once the piercing went through the left side of my nose.

"What you said?"

"Mama, Im 21 with two kids, two dogs, two cars and two houses. Please leave me alone." I used a Q-tip to clean the blood.

"Well I wouldn't give a fuck if you was 40 with 5 kids, don't cuss in-front of me cuh." I rubbed my temples as I picked up the closest thing to me and threw it.

"Havalli, have you lost every last one of your fucking marbles?" She asked making me laugh.

"Valli Natalie literally fixed her chin." She shoved her phone in my face.

"Mommy pleaseee." I dragged with a laugh.

"You got the prettiest smile, Ion know where you got them dimples from. Yo' daddy might not be your daddy." She tilted her head like she was examining my face.