Endgame.

Havalli Maria Jean.

"What did you call us down here for?" Ladi scratched her head with a irritated look on her face.

She was just like me and I hated but loved it at the same time.

We had got over that petty argument that happened last week, she was just.. I don't know.

Legend was bouncing a basketball and that sound was so annoying to me.

"Stop." I cut my eyes at him making him do just that.

"I called y'all down here because me and your dad have been talking about us." I pointed in rotation to the three of us, only God knew where Kiari was at and I was fine with that.

"We both love being parents to you and that will never change. Y'all know that right?" They slowly nodded, my kids were older and they definitely weren't stupid so they knew where I was going with this.

"Mama." Legend straight faced me.

"Can I stay with my dad?" Ladi got straight to the point.

"Im cool with that." I nodded, I learned to go about things differently with her and respond how I would like to be responded to because if I didn't it would start world war 7.

"Which one of y'all done cheated?" Legend blurted.

"What— Nobody." I automatically dismissed that conversation.

"So why is you leaving? Y'all been together since forever." He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because infidelity isn't the only reasoning for divorces, and after a while of repeatedly begging for the bare minimum you get sick of it. And don't get me wrong I love your dad, always will and I'm not gonna downplay him to his own kids. Just know the feeling was mutual and we were both ready to let this go, I never put so much endurance into a relationship than I did with this one." I explained.

"I guess."  He leaned against the wall.

"Now go somewhere, outside or something." I shooed him away so I could talk to Ladi.

He grabbed his basketball and went in the driveway where the hoop was.

"I'm in trouble?" She questioned.

"No, I just wanna talk to you. Are you okay? Like mentally?" I questioned making her nod.

"You sure?" She nodded again.

"And if you wasn't would you tell me?"

"Mhm." She hummed in response.

"Okay because I don't ever want you to feel like you can't talk to me." I started.

"Even when you're with you dad don't feel like you can't call me if you need something." She twisted her lips.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise, you probably don't remember." I laughed lowly because we used to say this all the time when she was about 5.

"But I was serious about being there when you need someone to talk to, letting you fall
and being right there to help you get up and start all over again." I quoted the affirmation we would go over everyday.

"And I know you probably don't feel like it, but you like the best thing that happened to me. I'm sorry If cant show that well enough or make you feel like it, but just know I'm here. So every time a boy makes you cry or you feel like nobody is listening you can talk to me and I'll listen." I watched her eyes get glossy, I moved closer to her so she could lay on my chest and before I knew it she was damn near crying the Atlantic Ocean.

Okay stop this is serious.

Do i play too much?

Don't answer that.

"Mama I'm literally losing myself, and I don't mean to put all of my problems on y'all but it's only so much I can handle." She expressed.

"That's what we here for boo." I wiped her tears.

"I don't know I just don't understand." She sighed.

"Understand what?"

"Why I had to get done like that, why my feelings keep getting hurt, why I keep crying, why I care so much. Why boys only see me for my body, like everythinggg." She dragged.

"Ladi, most of these niggas just gon want one thing. That's why you can't let any and everybody touch you. These days you can't even trust who you fucking and niggas will literally just wanna hurt you for nothing, especially at your age."

"But it won't be long until you find the right person that'll show you genuine love and treat you how you supposed to be treated. Don't rush it tho, just let it come naturally because you're still in your prime, you gotta live some and realize it's more to the world than boys." I explained.

"I think I'm bi." She blurted.

I rubbed my eyes and just sat there.

"Well these girls only want one thing too, and don't think just cause they girls you can't catch something." I warned because you definitely can.

"Do you need to go on birth control?" I questioned.

"No, that makes you fat." She frowned.

"Okay, but if you're not having protected sex then something needs to be done. So what you gon do?" I questioned.

"I'm never fucking again, learned my lesson." She shook her head making me laugh.

"Was he your boyfriend? You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." I assured.

"No I do." She nodded.

"He wasn't my boyfriend, but if I tell you stuff you have to promise not to get mad because this is old." She looked up at me from my lap to which I squinted and nodded slowly.

"Okay, he was my fourth body and I originally lost my virginity at 13.." I nodded.

"What else?" I kept my composure.

"So boom the first dude had a girlfriend the whole time and he just basically ghosted me, I was obviously depressed as fuck but Siri was there for me and stuff. Then the second dude was a couple weeks later and he just.. Was a cheater." She vented.

I was surprised because I deadass thought I knew her, it's crazy what semi-strict parents make a child do.

"Then I got to 14 and I don't know.. Everything went downhill that was like the worst age of my life." She frowned making me nod.

I knew that because that was the year she got severely depressed and I really didn't know what the fuck to do.

"And thenn, by 15 I had 3 bodies and at 16 was when I started fucking— Messing with Jd and he was my fourth one." She shrugged.

Maybe I cuss to much cause she learned it from somebody, imma stop.

"Okay, do you still talk to him?" I questioned.

"Hell fuck no, sorry but no." She made a face to which I laughed.

"Do you talk to somebody now or you focusing on yourself?" I questioned.

"Mmm, there's somebody but we don't talk. I like him though he's cool. But then again I kinda miss Jd, but I shouldn't right? I knew him since middle school though." She threw her head back.

"No you shouldn't, choose happiness over history." I said making her nod.

"Shall do."

And with that, the Kiari & Havalli era come to an end, finally.

Now bye.