XXIX

Havalli Maria JeanEnduranceAtlanta, Georgia

Havalli Maria Jean
Endurance
Atlanta, Georgia

"Duh I love him, Wacko you know I do but— But??" He cut me off

"Don't cut me off." I straight faced him.

"My bad, continue black queen." He spoke as he drove through the Georgia streets.

I rolled my eyes before speaking.

"Anyway he.. You know like growing up he had nothing, so he was basically always looking over the fence because he wanted a better life. But the problem is now that he has everything he can't turn it off. He still wants another house, more kids, a nicer car and he doesn't even pay attention to me anymore, all his focus is on the studio and music and now I have fat feet I don't think I can do more kids and— Oh my God I'm miserable, am I?" I ranted about literally nothing.

"What—Nah hell nah." He shook his head.

"You gotta reason to feel that way, long as you know he not doing the shit on purpose. You do know that right?" He looked over at me.

"Yeah I know it's not intentional. It's just something I feel like he should work on." I explained as he came to a stop infront of a venue.

Kiari told me to get ready but he had to have his homeboy bring me to the place.

???

Typa shit only a ugly nigga would do.

"This finna be Kso most epic shit out." He nodded as he turned the car off.

"I hope so." I mumbled because I had no clue what the fuck he was doing that had Wacko asking me how I felt about him.

We started walking into the place and as soon as I got in I seen both sides of our family scattered out in chairs that faced a stage.

When we came in the lights turned off and a projecter showcased a baby picture of Kiari on the wall making me laugh, he was a fat baby.

"You straight?" He took my hand making me nod.

We sat in two empty chairs that face right infront of the stage before a man walked up to the microphone.

"Hello everyone." The mid age white man smiled at the crowd.

What is this chit fr?

"So today we gather in this beautiful venue, to celebrate our newest member of our architectural team." He continued making me frown, he never told me he signed a deal with them.

"In high school, Kiari graduated first in his class.
After winning a full scholarship to Princeton, Kiari, amazingly graduated in just three years. And after graduating from LTU with honors, he went on to become the head designer of our team." He ranted. 

"As the architecture and music may be the first thing on Kiari's mind, his family has always been
the first thing in his heart." Kiari was just squinting at him, Im getting him glasses for his birthday.

Seriously.

"With that being said I'm gonna pass over the spotlight to a brilliant architect , amazing artist and  devoted father. It is my distinct honor to introduce to you, our newest partner,
Kiari Waters." He nodded down at Kiari before walking off the stage as claps filled the room.

Kiari stood up and took my hand, I pulled my dress down before scurrying onto the stage with him.

"Shit ion know where to start." He laughed nervously making me smile, it was kinda an awkward smile because I was scared of what was about to happen.

"One sec." He dug in his pocket for a few seconds before pulling out a wrinkled piece of paper.

I tilted my head as he squinted.

"Fuck it." He threw the paper down.

As he got on one knee "The Matrimony." Filled the room..