Chapter 4

I felt so humiliated...

Not only did I embarrass myself in front of a King, but also a bunch of strangers who were now snickering at me as I was made to follow close to them as they walked back to their land.

Keial... the king, he stood in front and never looked my way again once I regained consciousness, which confirmed two of the rumors I had heard about this man.

He had a freaking temper, and the other was that it was true what they said about him.

Despite his obvious anger and dislike for me, I couldn't ignore that this man was unique.

I was a man, but even I could not deny that Keial was a well-built, beautiful man.

Yet, he was still terrifying, terrifyingly beautiful, and now that I know where I stood when I came here, I will think twice before I open my mouth around him, or maybe the next thing I won't get a hand, but a knife in the chest.

I shiver at the thought.

He was so quick, that I didn't even see him move when he hit me.

If it didn't hurt as much as my head did, I would be awe-struck, but that's not what is happening.

That bastard hit me, and then looked down on me while I soiled myself, after being so close to death, what did he expect me to say?

'Thank you'?

I already didn't like him, and I knew the feeling was mutual, but that didn't stop me from following behind him and the group of warriors that were with him.

I didn't have anywhere else to go, and since he wasn't turning me away, I had no choice but to keep my mouth shut and do as I was told.

*****

By the time we reached Forgotten Valley, the sun had set and the forest around us had grown dark, and as I half expected some bloodthirsty creature to jump out and attack us, it was deathly quiet in the forest.

I knew why of course, just by looking at him.

No one in their right mind, bloodthirsty monster or hunter, would dare to fight against someone like him, he was a monster in his own right and not someone to be messed with, alone or with any of his warriors.

You'd be wishing for death for simply saying the wrong word to him, with his short temper.

"We're here, niff." One of the warriors next to me said, making me glare at him.

'Niff'?

I'll make sure to remember his face, so one day I can wipe that smirk off his face, for making fun of a guy who was already having a bad day.

When my eyes finally adjusted to the sudden change in light, I was left speechless at the vibrant and thriving city that was surrounded by high, thick stone walls, it was like nothing I had ever, or most likely will ever see again.

Tall and glorious, the walls stood so high I thought that even in my werewolf form, there was no way I, or any other creature could reach the top if we tried for the rest of our lives.

As I followed silently behind the group, we reached the large steel gate of the city and once that gate opened, my ears were deafened by a horn that bellowed throughout the city, alerting all inside to stop what they were doing and focus on the gate.

Echos of cheers and praises were shouted our way- or Keial's way, as we walked through the town filled with happy people, and creatures I had never seen before, but happy nonetheless to see one person in particular.