Chapter 25

It didn't take me long to find where Keial was, given that a crowd was gathered around him.

The King and his 'group' that hunts with him had gone outside the walls into the monster-infested forest to 'kill off some steam' and when they returned, they came with all kinds of dead creatures.

That wasn't the reason why a crowd gathered, it seemed when I arrived, that the King had only just taken off his blood-covered shirt and was splashing water on his face as he and the rest of the men bathed by the river.

It felt weird just watching him, the water mixed with blood dripping down his muscled, sun-kissed chest, and down his beautiful face, with his messy wet hair making him seem more laid back than he was.

He really was a beautiful man.

I almost totally forgot why I came here in the first place.

Damn it, I needed to stop drooling over him like the rest of the girls that had gathered and just go over to him, after all, I was his 'lover' I should at least act like it, right?

I had to make a point that he was taken, right?

Taking a deep breath, I pushed through the women, and some of the men to get to where Keial was, wiping his face with a clean cloth to clean the rest of his face free of blood.

When I got close to him, Keial turned around and saw me coming and to my and the onlooker's complete shock, Keial smiled at me and dropped the cloth.

"Felix." He meets me halfway, his eyes going down my body until he focuses on my face.

"What are you doing out here?"

I pulled my eyes away from his chest and tried to pretend he was fully dressed and focused on his face, but with him this close to me, his scent thick with blood and Keial's scent, it was incredibly hard.

Focus, Felix... Everyone is watching.

"I just wanted to see what you were doing." I smiled back, making Keial's brows raise as he hummed.

"I am yours, after all." I said confidently, despite my heart feeling as though it was going to beat out of my chest from how nervous and embarrassed I was by saying that.

"You are..." Keial said slowly, looking past me to the crowd of women and then back to me with amusement in his eyes.

Then without warning, Keial had leaned down and pressed his rough, wet, and dominating lips against mine whilst his right hand rested on the back of my head.

Keial was kissing me, and even though his men, the servants, and some of the townspeople were there, watching us, it didn't seem to bother Keial, as he kissed me passionately, only stopping to bite my bottom lip.

"If you wanted to prove a point that badly, you could've just dropped your pants." Keial whispered against my lips, his golden eyes on mine before moving away.

I felt my face flush with heat and my heartbeat in my ears.

I was so embarrassed and I knew Keial had done that on purpose because I suddenly grew confident.

That's the last time I was going to prove something...

"Keial, I got some of the-" A familiar voice rings out, then stops talking once I lock eyes with him.

"Niff." Gregor stares down at me, as I smile back, despite him not being happy to see me.

What was Gregor doing here? And I wish he'd stop calling me Niff.

It was because of him that everyone knew I had peed myself the first time I met the King, even though it was his fault I peed myself in the first place when he knocked me out.