Chapter 31

Keial stood at one side of the room, and I stood on the other side.

We hadn't spoken in over twenty minutes, all because I didn't know what to say.

I couldn't leave, not when he had just told me that I was his mate, and the only reason I didn't know was because I was branded a traitor and rogue, thus making my ability to find my mate impossible.

I was mates with Keial, and it didn't matter how much time passed, I still couldn't believe it.

He wanted to be with me, he wanted me to stay, and I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do.

Keial said he'd accept the bond if I stayed, but what if I left?

He'd be able to have a queen and an heir if I rejected his mate bond, I'd be able to go and live my life however I wanted.

I wouldn't be in his world again, wondering when the next time my life would be in danger.

I wouldn't feel the pain either, and Keial... I don't know, he's so strong, he managed to act normal around me despite me being his mate.

On the other hand, if I ever did leave... I wanted him to feel it, because he lied to me, from the very moment he met me.

"Did you know this entire time?" I broke the silence, despite already knowing the answer.

"Yes." He said, leaning against the door, his eyes watching me across the room.

Of course, he did, he could read my damn mind, I should've realized the moment he told me that, but like a fool... I didn't dig into it.

"I wasn't planning on this happening Felix, I didn't pick you because you were my mate, despite what you think of me, I wanted to clear your name."

I looked up at him and wanted to believe him, but at this point, everything that came out of his mouth felt like a slap in the face and a punch in the gut.

"I convinced myself that as long as you didn't feel the bond, I could ignore how I felt and I could eventually let you go, even now I... I don't enjoy giving you an ultimatum."

I couldn't help but snort, and look away from him.

"Sure you don't, you were just being nice by not kicking me out of here." I said sarcastically.

"Or when you knocked me out and made me soil myself, and thus became a laughing stock with a nickname I can't get rid of."

I was furious, and getting even more annoyed by the second, but this was still Keial, and I didn't want to make this situation worse by throwing something sharp or heavy at his head.

"I can read your mind, Felix, if it would help, feel free to hit me, throw something, anything at me." Keial sighed and moved away from the door.

Keial moved to stand in the middle of the room, and once I looked at what he was doing, my eyes widened in disbelief.

"Stop." I moved from the window, as he picked up a knife on top of his desk.

"No." Is all he said, as he put the knife between his teeth and then in one swift motion, ripped the shirt from his chest and dropped it somewhere near his feet.

"Here." He took the knife from his mouth, and held it out to me, a stoic, emotionless look on his face.

"I know you want to, I know you at least a few times thought about it."

What did he expect me to do, to hurt him?

This man was an idiot and a very dangerous one now with a knife.