Chapter 28

ᴋᴇɪᴀʟ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"So, have we reached an agreement?" Arlen asked, once again.

I wanted to lean over the desk and rip his throat out for merely suggesting such an insulting request to avoid the tragedy of war, but then again, I found it insulting that I was made to come here in the first place.

"You wish to lay with a servant." I sighed and stared blankly at his smiling face.

"Explain to me again why this is your top priority and not the safety and survival of your people?"

Arlen laughed, which only made me want to kill him more, to smash his face against this stupid table until he couldn't smile ever again, the thought kept me from doing that very thing.

"You're a King, you can't surely expect to keep him, can you? You will marry and have heirs." Arlen sighs, leaning back in his chair.

"If he is nothing more than a warm body to you to avoid marrying some uptight wealthy lord's daughter, then this should be nothing to you." He smirked, making my jaw clench. tightly.

"It seems you forget yourself, Arlen." I look down at him, as his eyes fill with interest.

"You are soon to be wed yourself, are you not? Unless you continue to anger me further, I'd hate to make your future bride a widow."

"Oh." He chuckled. "So you heard of that."

"I figured since you ignored my invitation, that you didn't know."

I did ignore it, and once I was told I couldn't have cared less that this man was to be wed, if anything I almost felt sorry for the woman who was to be bound to this pathetic man-child.

"Enough." This was getting nowhere.

"If fucking a male servant, who happens to be my lover really how you wish to destroy the last remaining of your people?" I asked him seriously, as his eyes went to mine.

There was silence before he smiled and then hummed.

"No." He eventually said.

"But it does amuse me you found someone who you suddenly cling to so desperately, almost like he's not just 'some male servant'."

"Perhaps you're playing the boy for something much bigger... let's say... love?"

I couldn't help but snort out with laughter at his serious face, which was slowly starting to crumble as he stared at me across the table.

"Love?"

What a stupid thing to say, but I expected nothing less from a man who was bred with a lunatic father of a King, from a race of people who didn't know the first thing about the word.

I had enough of this talk, I had better things to do, and it's already been a week of negotiations, coming here was starting to seem like a big waste of my time.

I could've just wiped them out, but instead, I was amused by the suggestion of coming here first, and the thought of having another war bored me to death with how simple, and easy it would be.

"Felix is mine, love has nothing to do with what he is to me." I got up from my seat and looked down at him pitifully.

"I use him how I want, I fuck him how I want, and until I don't want him anymore, I'm getting rid of him how I want, love is for fools with death wishes, something you should know much about."

Arlen's eyes harden as he stands abruptly, causing his chair to fall over as he glares at me, making me scoff and turn around to leave.

"If you truly think this way, then do you accept my proposal?" He asked, as I grabbed my sword and then tied it to my belt.