Chapter 12

ᴋᴇɪᴀʟ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Your Highness, I'm afraid the situation has gotten more complicated than we thought."

Sighing, I look at my oldest and closest friend, and probably the only one I trusted within my Kingdom, Gregor.

"How so?"

He looked at me and then closed his eyes as he rubbed his forehead roughly, someone he would only do when he was trying not to raise his voice, something I always found amusing.

"The desire for an heir has only gotten more intense, it's all the council speaks of now within our meetings, and now there is talk of a weekly tester to see if someone piques your interest."

Those old useless fools, so they've gotten bored of waiting and now are becoming more confident in muttering about something so useless?

"I did not appoint you to stand in those waste-of-time meetings for me so you could simply show face." I felt myself growing tired, and more on edge than usual.

"Do I need to remind you that it's your job to shut their mouths and stop nonsense like this from escalating?"

Gregor sighed and sat back in his seat. "All they are asking is for you to choose someone to carry your hair, you don't have to love, or even like her, just simply provide a Prince or a Princess."

"I agree with them Keial, with tensions rising amongst the other pack Alphas, all questioning your bloodline... it makes your position as King look penetrable, and your actions questionable."

I snap my eyes at him, making him hold his hands up. "I of course understand why you don't want this, but the politics in it aren't always fair, you must draw a line somewhere."

This useless crap, the more I heard of such stupidity, the more I find myself even more bored with the idea than before.

An heir?

Fuck that, it didn't feel like the right time to produce heirs, there was still so much to accomplish.

I hated children and the idea of a wife keeping me down.

Why must I extend the bloodline now?

I had just turned thirty a month ago, I'm in my prime to extend my power and build more suitable environments away from the threat of wars.

War... now that was fun, but since that point-haired bastard tried me, it had damaged not only my subject's livelihood by the increasing number of monsters surrounding the area but also slowed down immigration because of the image I now possess.

Those nosy and ready-for-death old men, I should just break their frail and fragile legs, maybe then they will choose to spend their time more wisely rather than sticking their noses into my business.

"Keial." Gregor presses me, making me growl warningly.

"I got it, it's justified." That I couldn't argue against.

"Questionable, huh?" I scoffed, what a stain on my mood this was going to be.

If it's not the council, it's those stick-up-the-arses Alphas who bitch and whine at any given opportunity, sprouting their mouths at every annual hunt, always disappointing and dull.

Suddenly, bright blue eyes came to mind as I thought about my new and ripe interest, the shy yet interesting Felix...

How long has it been since I had indulged in someone like that? That doe-eyed, skittish, yet amusing with each expression that appeared on his face boy?

He's too interesting to give up on, not when I've had a taste and only think of when the next opportunity will arise, so I could bite into him again.

A woman could ruin that fun, and what's more, it'd be bothersome to simply entertain the council any further, especially since they've gotten more talkative the past few years for change... this is where I could perhaps use that doe-eyed, blue boy to my advantage.

"Alright." I stand up, already made up my mind on how I want this to end.

"Will you agree to meet the girls?" Gregor's eyes lit up, as I thought of all the ways I could have fun with this.

"Only on one condition... but, there is something I want before all this bullshit is set in ink." I watched Gregor brace for the worst as his brows furrow.

"My personal servant... Felix." Gregor's eyes flash with recognition and then he frowns as if he can predict what I am going to say next.

"I want you to share what I'm about to tell you with the council, leave no detail out, tell them word for word, understood?"

Gregor nods his head warily, as I picture Felix in my mind, his shy yet defiant look in his eyes whenever he looks at me, submissive yet his obvious emotions all right there, on his face.

I could almost taste him on my tongue... With those eyes full of such raw emotion, as he held back his obvious hatred, it made me wonder why I hadn't canceled the hunt altogether, to explore more of him.

This was going to be fun, I'll satisfy the council and I will be getting what I wanted without so much as a complaint.

Felix... you didn't know it, but you are in my hands now, and I don't plan on stopping the fun just yet.

Not when I've only had a taste of what you have more to offer me.