Chapter 32

FOUR WEEKS LATER

I had put the remaining of the fire out and then ran to join up with the rest of the hunting party up ahead.

It's been almost a week since we saw the Jaqu, the six-legged beast that would not only be worth this one week of hell, but it would also mean I can go home, and eat a hot meal, perhaps inside a hot bath.

I was getting frustrated with being out here with no luck and smelling like a mixture of beast blood, my sweat, and dirt from sleeping on the floor.

It's been a full day since we saw the beast, and failed to kill it, and everyone was starting to see it as another wasted day.

"Let us head back men, if we return now we at least met our quarter and can afford a hot meal and warm bed for the night." The leader, Ridac says, as all the men, including me sigh.

At this point neither one of us cared, we had enough monster fur and meat to sell to get a fair share, and we knew the Jaqu was still alive somewhere, and we'd get it next time.

"What are you doing once we get back, Felix?" Samu asked me, putting his arm around my neck, as we walked back to town.

What was I going to do... so many things, but one thing I really wanted to do, and have not stopped thinking of for the past week was...

"Have a bath." I said seriously, which made Samu stare at my face then break out laughing.

I shrugged his arm off from around me and then grabbed a piece of jerky from my pocket and then started to bite into its chewy, yet tasty goodness.

I couldn't wait to head back if I had to eat any more of this stuff... I'd seriously consider going solo, or worse, finding another job.

It's been four weeks since I left the castle, and had seen, or heard from Keial, the King.

Since I had been gone, that castle had turned into a palace, and Keial had not only expanded his territory but also his power and wealth in such a short time.

Each time someone mentioned him, I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach because of how much I missed looking at his face.

Keial had let me leave, but before I did, he not only became my King, but my Alpha, which not only gave me the protection he said he would provide nonetheless, but it also brought back many abilities that were taken from me, when I became rogue.

I could feel what he felt the moment I looked at him.

Keial really was my mate, and once he became my Alpha, my leader, and King, it became very real that he was telling the truth, despite only telling me lies.

I almost didn't leave, once I accepted being part of his world, the pull was intense, like a beast was clawing at me from the inside, trying to get out, to lick every inch of his body and claim him as mine.

Yet, I controlled myself and left, and didn't look back.

I ignored every voice in my head and heart telling me to stay, to accept him, to forgive him.

It's been four weeks, and every day has been torture.

*****

The tavern was packed with travelers, traders, and hunters, all of whom had just come back to the city to get a fresh hot meal before going home.

"Felix!" I hear my name, and turn around to look around, to see who called me.

Then I saw him, his blonde hair and contagious grin that made me feel lighter, and glad to be back inside these walls.