Chapter 20

From the moment I woke up, I already knew today was going to suck.

My head hurt, the sun was too bright and hot, and I was pretty sure I was still very much hungover from drinking with Ash last night.

Now I was watching Kaial get measurements done for a new outfit for an event he was throwing, where everyone important and powerful was going to show up.

Kaial had called for me, but so far, all I have done is stand here and watch him get changed three times, and get his outfit tweaked a thousand times.

Did I really need to be here for this?

He hadn't even looked at me once since I entered the room.

"Your majesty, I have finished with the adjustments, made to your liking." The tailor announced as Keial looked at himself in the mirror.

"Yes." He hummed, as I watched silently.

"Fantastic .work, Lou, this will do."

'Lou' the tailor bowed his head and then I walked over and helped to take off the completed outfit.

I still felt weird around Keial for some reason, ever since I saw him with that beautiful woman with raven hair, I was struggling to hide it whenever I was around him too.

"I made arrangements ahead for you." Keial suddenly says as I notice him looking at me in the mirror as he stands bare-chested.

"Anything you don't like, that's what Lou is for, use him to your heart's content."

I looked at Lou as he smiled and bowed his head at me, as he stood silently admiring Keial, and his 'work' as I peeled it off his body and folded the clothes.

"Sir?" I asked, confused, what did he mean by that?

He snorts then steps down from the podium he stood on, then walks over to where his robe was, only wearing a loincloth.

"You're attending with me, of course, or did you forget you're my lover now?" He sighed, as my mouth formed in an 'O' shape.

He... wanted me to come to these things with him too?

I had half assumed, but never did I think he would take it this far, where not only the weather and power will be but also pack leaders, princesses, and kings from other nations will be...

"Is that... allowed?" I mumbled, as his golden eyes met mine, his robe tied yet his bare muscled chest showing.

"It is if I say it is."

With that, he didn't say anything else about it as he waved Lou to leave, and with a polite nod and bow, Lou, the tailor left the room, leaving me and Keial alone in the room.

It was silent for a while, and even though I was used to this by now, being here for two weeks, I felt like Keial was more quiet than usual around me.

Or so I thought, as Keial suddenly looked at me, looking somewhat annoyed behind that stoic face of his.

"Where were you last night?" He asks, making me blink.

"Huh?" I stutter, why was he asking?

Keial then walked over to me until he stood in front of me, his hand moving to touch the collar of my shirt, his knuckles grazing my skin, making me swallow hard as I tried to focus on his face, not his hands.

"I came by your room, you weren't there." His hard eyes look down at me, his mouth in a straight line.

"Where were you?"