Chapter 8

"I asked..." His voice was unrecognizable, as he roughly wrapped his strong hand around Vicrims throat.

"What were you doing?"

Keial's eyes were no longer normal, and his voice had deepened and darkened, he sounded like a beast ready to pounce, as his eyes locked onto Vicrim's shaking ones.

"Y-Your Highness, it... it..." Keial took a step forward causing Vicrim to cry silently as his whole body shook,

"I expected nothing less from a newcomer... but from someone who has been here long enough to know the rules."

"You disappointed me." That is all he said before everything went deathly quiet.

Within a second, Keial had his hand around Vicrim's neck, and without another word, or so much a second for Vicrim to struggle or plead his innocence, Keial lifted him off the ground, and by that point, I saw it was already impossible.

Vicrim was dead.

Nobody spoke as we all watched Keial let go of Vicrim's neck, making his lifeless body hit the floor, his eyes still as black as night as he looked down at the now corpse of Vicrim, with no emotion.

The other two who had kicked me had gotten down to their knees and had positioned themselves into a submissive pose, a sign of complete submission and obedience, and all I could do was watch in horror, as Keial focused on them.

"W-We beg for mercy, p-please my k-king, we had made a mistake, o-one we will never do again." The smaller guy said, his voice shaking as he begged through the tears that fell down his face.

"W-We have a family, we will accept the h-harshest punishment, b-but please, mercy."

"Mercy?" Keial said deathly silently, before his eyes snapped to mine, making me freeze at the overwhelming power radiating from him.

"I'm all out of mercy."

I couldn't look, so I turned my head and closed my eyes, but that didn't block the sounds of their cries as they were dragged away, and while I wanted to open my mouth to plead for their lives, I couldn't find the strength to say a word.

My mouth opened, but the words just wouldn't come out.

After their cries could no longer be heard, I opened my eyes and saw that Keial had bent down in front of me and he was staring at my exposed stomach, which was now bruised from the beating I had just got.

Vicrim's body was no longer beside me either, just a dent in the grass from where his body once was.

I looked back at Keial, and noticed that his eyes had gone back to normal, but that didn't make me drop my guard, not after what I had just witnessed.

"Are you able to heal yourself?"

I took a moment to process what he asked, then swallowed the dryness back deeply in my throat as I shook my head slowly, my eyes warily watching his.

It was just the two of us now in the garden, as I was pretty sure Keial commanded them all to leave... or face the same end as Vicirim.

I couldn't even look at Keial in the eyes... when I did, all I saw was a monster...

"Don't flatter me with compliments." He suddenly sighed, making me flinch, as he stood back up to his full height, his eyes still looking down at mine.

Did he just hear my thoughts again?

"Get up, and then follow me." That was all he said before he turned around and started walking away, with eyes that left no room for arguments as he glared at me.