Chapter 6

Ahhh... I felt like I had died and been reborn again!

After what must have been the best meal of my life, I overheard other servants talking about a large bath within the King's castle that he allows servants to use at the end of their working hours.

I had half expected some lousy bath the size Keial used in his bedroom for personal use, but oh boy was I wrong when I saw it with my own eyes.

It was large and spacious and it must fit at least twenty people inside of it, they had kept the water just perfect and it had a scent of lavender within the water, which not only made you smell nice but helped to relax my sore muscles.

Since arriving, I had done nothing but clean his bedroom, and the hallway outside of the King's bedroom, and helped other servants in the kitchen to prepare the food, which was the only way they would give me any food.

Nobody has spoken to me yet, and while that would bother me because I was also pretty desperate for a friendly face within these walls, I was just glad to be alive.

None of that bothered me right now though, I was warm and comfortable, and it looked like I was the last person to be in the large bath.

Ahhh...

So, this was what they called 'living like a King'.

Just when I thought I was the last person inside the bathhouse, I heard footsteps behind me which made me turn around, and then I saw a large shadow behind the curtain that separated the bath from where you changed out of your clothes.

Then the moment that curtain opened, I felt like I had somehow made a grave error.

The King had shown up, and he was alone without any protection.

His eyes meet mine and once he sees me, I know he's thinking the same thing.

'What are you doing here?'

"I see you're making yourself quite at home." He said sarcastically, as he removed what little cloth was hiding his large cock, as he stepped further into the bath.

"Servent hours are over, you're intruding on my time now, Felix."

Felix...

When he said my name like that, it almost felt like he was warning me that there wouldn't be a next time I got away with this.

I felt my blood run cold, as I quickly got to my feet, feeling the same embarrassment I felt yesterday all over again.

Why didn't anyone tell me there was a schedule?

Those fuckers probably didn't tell me on purpose, great, just great!

"I-I'm so sorry, my King, I wasn't aware, I'll leave right now." I stuttered as I reached behind for my loincloth.

"Sit down, I didn't tell you to leave." He sighs from where he sits.

I looked over and saw his eyes were closed and he looked genuinely tired, and not wanting to push my luck I did as I was told and sat back down where I was once sitting.

Just like earlier, silence had consumed the space between us and it was mentally torturing to sit here and not say anything, even if he was my King, and I was a mere servant.

Why did he even want me to stay in here with him?

Was he testing me? Or was he simply messing with me?

"How are you finding your duties?" His deep voice suddenly asks, making me flinch as I look over at him, to see that he was already looking at me.

His bright golden eyes and relaxed position made it hard to picture the man before me as brutal as they said he was, he seemed so normal, other than the dangerous glint in his eye, and his enormous intimidating body, that had seen enough battle as it was covered in scars.

"Fine... my King." I felt shy under his gaze, as I cleared my throat and looked away from him.

"E-Everyone has been nice, a-and the food is also delicious."

I didn't know what to say to him, and a part of me even wondered if he was just killing the silence to make this more relaxing for him.

"I see." He hummed lowly.

"Not nice enough to share the rules I see, but nice enough to make you feel like a non-threat."

I looked at him and saw he had a displeased look on his face, which made me even more curious why he was asking me in the first place.

Did he ask every servant if they were treated fairly, under his roof?

"It is my fault, I'm still adjusting to my... circumstances." I swallowed hard as his golden eyes stared deep into mine.

"Circumstances?" He said quietly as the corner of his mouth twitched.

"What circumstance may that be? Frolicking with humankind or engaging in continuously devious acts against your Alpha's wishes?"

I felt my face go red as his mouth slowly formed into a knowing smirk, making me uncomfortable.

How did he know that?

"I... I won't break the law here if that's what you're worried about... my King." I was now shaking, as I watched him stand up from where he sat, and walk over to where I was.

"Worried?" He said slowly, his husky deep voice making my stomach clench nervously as his eyes swirled with amusement.

"You have to be someone I respect, to gain such an emotion from me, I was merely bored and wondered what a rogue was doing so close to my borders, alone and on the verge of a pitiful death."

Keial had stopped in front of me, inches from where I stood, and then moved to sit down right next to me until his arm lightly touched against my own.

"Do you know why I didn't kill you, or are you still asking yourself that question?" He asked, making my body tense as I turned my head slowly to look at him.

I thought for a moment, and although the thought had crossed my mind, from the moment he hit me and knocked me out, I thought that was it, but when I opened my eyes again and I was alive, I knew it was for a reason.

I had learned from a single day of being here that Keial has a right to not trust anyone within these walls, even if he was a dangerous, powerful, and wealthy King.

Then again, I couldn't deny the strange feeling I knew we shared, whenever we were alone.

Just like now.

"You.... like me, my King."

The room filled with silence, and as I looked at Keial and waited for him to speak, I felt my face grow warm as his eyes swirled with amusement, before he started laughing in my face.

His deep amused laugh filled the room and made me even more embarrassed that I had said those words instead of keeping my mouth shut and playing the idiot.

Keial had stopped laughing, and then he had reached out and grabbed the back of my head and pulled my hair tightly to make me face him, as painful as it was, when I opened my eyes, I froze when Keial was inches from my face.

"I don't like anyone, especially not someone I don't know, or trust." His words sent shivers down my body, as his now dark eyes held mine prisoner.

"Do not mistake my sudden interest for weakness, you are not even close to being worthy of respect within these walls, and you'd be wise to remember that within these walls, nothing escapes me."

"Including your blatant disrespect for the opportunity I had given you." He roughly released the back of my hair, and shoved me forward, making me stumble back and fall into the water.

I stumbled to regain myself and lowered my head in submission as Keial sat back and watched me, with cold eyes that threatened worse things to come if I remained in his sight any further.

"Get out, and do not make the same mistake twice, Felix, or I'm afraid it will be your last."